YouTube

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Penfold said:
Tonyblack from the 'Merlin Thread' said:
Just a couple of points there. Arthur was mentioned in early Welsh literature - as was Merlin, but never in the same stories. In these stories, Arthur was never called a king and the details are pretty sketchy - there's more known about Merlin.

Geoffrey of Monmouth was a Norman who was basically rewriting British history and trying to create a unity between the Britons, Saxons and the Normans. The irony is that the Saxons that Arthur beat were the English. Kind of surprising that the English embraced Arthur as their hero.

Most of the Arthur myth was written by the French and such things as Camelot and Lancelot were added then.
I always wondered about the relevence of the FRENCH CASTLE IN THE HOLY GRAIL. Thank you Tony, now I know! :laugh:
Gotta LOVE the python huh :laugh:
I saw a special where some of the Monthy Python crew and actors revisited the sites for The Holy Grail. They went to revisit this castle that now has a healthy income of Monty Python fans who visit it all year round (you can RENT half coconut shells and scripts and act out the scenes). There were multiple people standing on the ramparts yelling out "Your mother is a hampster and smells of elderberry!" (all out of sync cause they were at different parts of the script... I tell you it was funnier than the movie):laugh: (no rascism intended but the Japanese tourists doing their best at a heavy french accent were hilarious). :laugh: :laugh: The Monty Python guys LEAPT at the chance to buy a full script of the movie which was on sale at the castle. Apparently none of them HAD a copy.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
CrysaniaMajere said:
I just found this on youtube, and it really made me PMSL :laugh:

It's from a show called Whose Line, never heard of it, but these two guys playing Buffy TVS and Dracula are too funny :laugh: :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-P7pXLhC8U

I was looking if there was a particular scene of the Buffy&Dracula episode (there is not) and found this. Now I think I'll look for other videos of Whose Line :laugh:
I love Whose line Is It Anyway, both the UK and American versions of the show. It is possible to get whole episodes on You Tube now. Here is one featuring Stephen Fry, Peter Cook, Josie Lawrence, and John Sessions from the British version. :laugh: (it's a little irritating with the ads at the beginning though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqB09LlyrHk

I hope you can find time to watch and enjoy it Crys. ;)

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
CrysaniaMajere said:
I can't watch that :(
This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds
Sorry about that Crys. :( It's a very old series from the eighties that is occasionally repeated over here.

Still, here are a few more scenes that you should be able to watch from the American Whose Line Is It Anyway show. :laugh:

Dubbing

Super Heroes

Party Quirks

User Menu

Newsletter