2014 DWcon Manchester - The Grand Exhibition!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Pretty sure you can Catch-up :laugh: I opted out of sitting with a guest - it didn't say how they do that so I expect you can't specify and it'll be done by lottery like the Klatches... Much as I love Bernard I think I couldn't laugh and eat at the same times without ill effect if we got on his table :shifty: :eek:

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
I think you're right. You can ask to sit with a guest but you don't know until that night if you've gotten a guest table or who it's with. I did request a guest table but don't really care where I end up. Well, actually, this probably sounds odd, but the only place I hope I don't end up is at Terry's table. I would be all shy and tongue tied and it would be hard to eat. :shifty:

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
Catch-up said:
I think you're right. You can ask to sit with a guest but you don't know until that night if you've gotten a guest table or who it's with. I did request a guest table but don't really care where I end up. Well, actually, this probably sounds odd, but the only place I hope I don't end up is at Terry's table. I would be all shy and tongue tied and it would be hard to eat. :shifty:
It's very hard to be tongue tied and shy around Terry (I thought I would be too, before I met him) as he is such a nice, chatty guy who can put you at your ease very quickly. :laugh:

shivers

Lance-Constable
Jul 31, 2012
I was tongue tied one of the first times I encountered him (I wasn't prepared! I was trying to get to Jack Cohen to finish a chat and then suddenly, there was the man himself!) - I had the cringeworthy pleasure of addressing him as 'Mr Sir Terry Pratchett Sir' :oops: before promptly ducking away. The next few times I figured I couldn't do any worse than that and have been absolutely fine chatting to him since.

Not going to gala dinner it this year, I usually end up running between the games and toast and jam on Sunday nights.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
I sort of met him in 2009. He walked up while I was manning the Emporium 's booth and said something funny about it being typical of Bernard to be off doing fun things while others did the work. I was too tongue tied to say anything, so I just smiled really big. I think I scared him. :oops:

Mar 13, 2013
London
Hello Good people!
I'm attending the DW con, and trading there in character ath Igor... I'll be thelling my wonderful Loko Glatth jewelry...

Now I have a problem. Thome time ago I conthtructed an "Igor Lab" in a thuitcathe... Thome of you may have theen it at Wincanton...
It'th a thplended piethe of kit, and I'd really like to dithplay it at the convention... It hath jarth of thuthpithiouth organth, (and try thaying that fatht), Thpare Parthth and huge amounth of thparkth!

I'd really like to exhibit thith item, either on my thtall or in the exhibition, becauthe it it great fun!

However, I don't drive, and by the time I have thrapped on a ruckthack, and managed the two giant trolly bagth that contain my thtall, thtock, and clothing etc. I don't have a third arm to carry the Igor Lab cathe. I'd try to thew one on but I'm not thure it would be ready in time... I'm thtill trying to get the thpare thumb thorted!

Is there any kind thoul who'th driving up to the convention from anywhere near London and might have room for one extra Thuitcathe? (I would deliver it to you and retrieve it from you before and after the con).

It meathureth about 28",by 20", by 8", and really ithn't too heavy. If you can help pleathe contact my by PM. Thuitable bribes and blandithmentth available on perthonal application!

User Menu

Newsletter