2014 DWcon Manchester - The Grand Exhibition!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Aww. :( I was really hoping to be able to see him again. So sad, but not too surprising. I think everyone understood this was a possibility and wants him to put his well being first. I'm still so thrilled to be going and feel so lucky! :laugh:

Jan: I'll have to correct you - it won't be the finished Troll Bridge being screened, rather an almost complete work-in-progress. The official premiere has to take place at a film festival (as many film festivals have this as a qualification of entry) and we're not entirely sure where that will be. However, Daniel does intend to show us congoers as complete a version as possible... I expect several SFX shots won't be complete, but we can expect all the live action stuff to be edited and cut together as per the final version.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Molokov said:
Jan: I'll have to correct you - it won't be the finished Troll Bridge being screened, rather an almost complete work-in-progress. The official premiere has to take place at a film festival (as many film festivals have this as a qualification of entry) and we're not entirely sure where that will be. However, Daniel does intend to show us congoers as complete a version as possible... I expect several SFX shots won't be complete, but we can expect all the live action stuff to be edited and cut together as per the final version.
Thanks for the correction Molokov - will look forward to an advance test screening on the Director's first cut :p :laugh:

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
It's a great pity he won't be there but as been said above Terry's health (and the the prospect of another book) is more important than another convention appearance. It will be sad for those people making their first convention hoping to meet the great man at last but it is fully understandable.

The extra note that Stephen Baxter will also be missing is also unfortunate but on a plus, at least for me that will mean that my luggage will be considerably lighter as I can leave all those books behind I was hoping to get signed. :rolleyes:

Mixa

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia
Oh! :eek: I’ve just read the notice entering the webpage… What a pity! Although I completely agree with you, Sister J.

Nevertheless I’m sure all of you are going to have a
GREAT time in the Convention and that’s what Sir Pratchett has said he would like. :p

Mx

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Just seen this on Twitter.

Feet of clay
Posted by Simon Fraser on 13 Jul 2014, 7:17 p.m.

News about the play

We are sorry to announce that the Feet of Clay play to be performed at the Convention has has to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. We know this is a shame for all involved and this was not a decision taken lightly but we promise there will be a replacement programme item of a theatrical nature which will be revealed at the Convention. We would like to publicly thank all those in the cast and crew who were working on Feet of Clay for their time and effort.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
That's a shame but I'm sure a decent replacement will be done.

I was just wondering who else from here will be arriving a bit early (Thursday 7th) as I will be having a crack at the quiz this time around and was wondering about getting a forum team together? It was quite good fun last time, although I was only a spectator. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter