Ask Terry

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
I don't think that my smilies are anywhere as near as inventive as pooh and Bouncy have posted, but here goes...
"The day-glo painted woman
bought a hamster
from the pet shop,

but unfortunately the hamster
ran away to join a circus"

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
:laugh: Well at least there's no damn clown! :laugh:

What can I say - I got volunteered to be the judge bny someone who then joined in the contest. :rolleyes:

I'll chicken out and call it a tie. ;)

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Tonyblack said:
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit said:
OMG! Have you seen Hammy the Hamster? It is a series about a hamster living in a little village with his friends the little white mouse and a guinea pig and an owl and oh gawds it is funny as hell when completely sober, they use little hammers and build stuff. They put the animals in little remote control boats and cars and it is just tooooooo much. Oh my sister and I were in tears after her first exposure to it. It is produced in Canada and is too funny.
I watched in the 60s when I was a kid. It was narrated by a British guy then named Johnny Morris and it was called Tales of the Riverbank.

Here's part 1 of one of those episodes. And here's part 2. :laugh:
Awww! The Age of innocence! :)

Tales of the Riverbank and Rag Tag and Bobtail (though I was too young for RT&B - and we didn't have a TV either then. Gods am I old!)

They redid Tales of the Riverbank in 80's/90's didn't? Whenever - it was really horrible in colour :devil: Completely spoiled it!

I thought the narrator in that one sounded more like Oliver Postgate (Pogles Wood; Ivor the Engine, Noggin the Nog & The Clangers amongst other flaming brilliant really little kids progs) but it said Tommy Paton?

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
Who's Wee Dug said:
poohbcarrot said:
Cheery said:
Why the hell does suddenly everybody have Batty-Smilies? :laugh:
Because what we have here is a battle between the Queen (Batty) and the King (Who's Wee Dug) of smilies. I think it's entertaining, so long may the battle continue. :laugh:
Actually it was all credit due to Batty who was kind enough to send me the link for the smileys so she takes whatever crown is there.
Gosh! Thanks, Dug! I don't see it as a competition, though.
Smilies just amuse me, so the more people who join in the merrier!

The rat

Lance-Corporal
Apr 18, 2009
Bad Blintz
One month and four hours from now I will be waking up and heading into Logan Airport to get the first leg of my flight to the CON!!!

Who is as excited as I am that it is just a month away after years of waiting?

Everyone at work wants to throtle me since this is all I am talking about. I have my books set aside, my Thud! game and stamps ready to go and have been saving my pennies and bottle return money ready to be spent! :laugh:

Who else is excited as me!?!?!?!?! :laugh:

The rat

Lance-Corporal
Apr 18, 2009
Bad Blintz
Exp. Date said:
One month and four hours from now I will be waking up and heading into Logan Airport to get the first leg of my flight to the CON!!!

Everyone at work wants to throtle me since this is all I am talking about. I have my books set aside, my Thud! game and stamps ready to go and have been saving my pennies and bottle return money ready to be spent! :laugh:

Ummm... I meant to post this on the NA DW Con thread and must have clicked on the wrong thread. Can mine and Wee Dug's commenst be moved?

Sorry! :oops:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Exp. Date said:
Exp. Date said:

Ummm... I meant to post this on the NA DW Con thread and must have clicked on the wrong thread. Can mine and Wee Dug's commenst be moved?

Not sure I've got the power to do that on this forum. You could always copy and paste your posts onto the correct thread. ;)

Dec 31, 2008
Japan
Exp. Date said:

Don't worry about it. People will just think you're going off on a tangent, as per usual for most threads here! :laugh:

olistasia

Sep 28, 2009
UK
Hi

When I wached Sir Pratchett's documentary back in feb I spotted a pattern in th symptons of the form of alsimers and was wandering if anyone knows weather he is already using devises and methods disigned for dyslexia/dyspraxia. :oops: I just feel that they may help a bit.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi there olistasia and welcome to the site. :)

Well Terry has pretty much stopped trying to type his books and is now using software that recognises his voice and transfers it to text on the computer. That's a big change as when I've met him in the past he would often have a laptop with him and go and find a quiet corner somewhere to write using it. :(

olistasia

Sep 28, 2009
UK
thank you for the welcome
they have virsions wich you can use a dictaphone while your away from the computer, and then conect it and it type it. they are a fiddly mess but getting much better than they were

Apr 29, 2009
London
I noticed on the Unseen Academicals preview thread, that he credits someone called Rob as typing it for him.

Presumably, the same Rob who is his assistant, wot woz seen on the BBC documentaries?

olistasia

Sep 28, 2009
UK
It can make interesting mistakes, first daraft of disatation would have been bad. I'm glad that he's found stuff that can at least help a bit.
If I ever meet him I'd tank him for helping me get reading by, along with D Adams, providing books wich kepeed me reading :)

Back on topic ... :laugh:

I would ask him why we don't ever meet Mrs. Colon and the Colonettes? :(
When exactly does Carrot and Angua get married? :eek:
Why does Vimes hate Vampires so much? :twisted:
Is he planning another William De Worde novel? o_O:
And...
Why hasn't he satirised Big Brother yet? ;)
And does Susan and Lobsang get together? :oops:

I think I need an hour to ask him all what I would like to ask him ...

User Menu

Newsletter