Ask Terry

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Lady Vetinari said:
Back on topic ... :laugh: I would ask him why we don't ever meet Mrs. Colon and the Colonettes? :(
I think I need an hour to ask him all what I would like to ask him ...
Fred does actually "have a talk" with Mrs. Colon when he decides Not to retire, having been all to close to the soil in Feet of Clay. Just wanted to let ya know. ;)

I wish I could have had time with him back in the day when he was not horrifically famous and now sick, but alas, there are such things in this nasty old world. :(

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Kattrina of Smarlsburg said:
I'd ask him how difficult it was to get published, and if he had any tips. I'm sure he'sporbably said it in some interview or on some website, but i'll eb damned if i can find the blasted thing o_O
You probably be better of asking Terry's editor Colin Smythe about tips for getting published as he sometimes is with Terry at signing and events also conventions. ;)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Re: Bill

theboywiththethankyoucard said:
Tony Black. On the first page you asked about Rincewind's Firstname. It is bill.
Bill Rincewind is the name of the Archchancellor of Buggrup University in XXXX. As far as I know, we've never discovered Rincewind's (the Wizzard at UU) first name. :p

Bob

Lance-Constable
Dec 30, 2009
Mackay, Queensland
Were I to meet Terry I'd ask, beg, implore..."Please, Terry, please don't let the yanks get their hands on the rights to your work. Look what they did to A.A. Milne's work. Even worse, look what they did to Douglas Adams. They corrupt everything they touch. Please Terry, don't let them anywhere near it."

freddy

Lance-Constable
Nov 26, 2008
I really enjoyed reading this thed :laugh: :laugh: I can not stop laghing , brillent, hello to all new people who have join. Me to hope Sir Terry dose not let the Americans have the rights to his wonderful work, I am a big fan of A.A. Milne and hat the Disny version of Piglet is entirely surounded by waster, they make out Pooh a real dum dum, I A.A Milne is Pooh who get helps and sves the day. I am also a big fan of Dougal Adams really love Hitch Hiker's To The Galaxy just brillant.

As regads to what I would say to Sir Terry if I every get the chance to meet him would be just "Thankyou for all the books and how they have inspired me to have go at reading dispite being Dyslxic" On the other had I propley would not say anything just sand there staring :oops: and when he gone kiking myselfe for not saying anything :rolleyes:

I must come on here more often you have made my day :laugh:

Anne

Feb 26, 2010
Finland
I found Pratchett and the Discworld about some 5-6 years ago. First book I read was Guards! Guards! and I was addicted. Unfortunately I don't have all Discworld books, some older ones are really hard to find. Next step is to start reading all that I can get in english too.

So, I would like to ask Terry if it would be ok to use names of the characters he has created as a registered names for pet?

(Oh and I'm sorry if there's typos and other oddities, I haven't used english in some time :oops: )

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Anne said:
I found Pratchett and the Discworld about some 5-6 years ago. First book I read was Guards! Guards! and I was addicted. Unfortunately I don't have all Discworld books, some older ones are really hard to find. Next step is to start reading all that I can get in english too.

So, I would like to ask Terry if it would be ok to use names of the characters he has created as a registered names for pet?

(Oh and I'm sorry if there's typos and other oddities, I haven't used english in some time :oops: )
Your English is very good Anne, so no need to apologise. Welcome to the site. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter