best discworld novel ever?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

theoldlibrarian

Lance-Corporal
Dec 30, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
All the watch ones are amazing and there also a bit longer which is good. I like the witches but not as much as the watch. But my one favorite would have to be Unseen Academicals, which I'm now reading for the third tome since I was given it for Christmas.

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
Tonyblack said:
Tone The Phone said:
I'm re-reading UA at the moment, and getting more out of it. When there's a new TP book out, I tend to devour it at one sitting and then leave it for a while before I go back and take my time over reading it again (and again, and again.)

Best wishes,

Tony
I'm the same - I sometimes have to make myself low down or I read them too quickly the first time. :laugh:
Do you read the books whilst lying down. Tony?? How low do you get?

AM

Constable
Oct 22, 2009
Sweden
I haven´t read all the books so I can´t be truly fair in this questions and I also tend to think that the book I´m reading at the moment is the best one (that means that I´ve had 6 favourite books during the last 2 weeks :rolleyes: ).

But Thief of Time, Hogfather, Night Watch, Going Postal and Witches Abroad are at the top of the list....I think :laugh:

Jan 16, 2010
Holderness
Unseen Academicals.

As noted elsewhere, there something to delight in every novel but this is magnificent, magnificent, magnificent.

Reading it slowly! I don't want it to end.

The only downside is that I no longer have anyone to read it to and share in the superb imagination at work.

Far too rich for anyone to read as an introduction to the universe of TP.

Feb 1, 2010
Ooh, really tough question! I think the City Watch books are my favourite over all, but Wee Free Men stands out as the one which made me laugh so much I had tears running down my face.

N1v3n

Lance-Constable
Mar 21, 2010
that London
Favourite is probably too strong a word. I'll always have a soft spot for Mort, because that was the first Pratchett I ever read.
But having being in bands, Soul Music really speaks to me. Sir T must have been in bands and played crappy gigs on the toilet circuit to have written it :laugh:

Apr 29, 2009
London
Currently re-reading Guards Guards, and loving it all over again, but high in the rankings (in no particular order) would be Going Postal, Making Money, Pyramids, Soul Music and Moving Pictures (my current handbag book for use on trains!!).

Thordoc

Lance-Constable
Nov 1, 2010
Australia
wow that's a hard one.

Wee Free Men is a great book.

any of the city watch books.

Lords and Ladies always gets me laughing, in particular Hodgessarrgh, and Casanunder.

User Menu

Newsletter