best discworld novel ever?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Guitarist on top of Pole said:
Forgive me for this one heresy, but my favourite Terry Pratchett novel is probably Good Omens.

Aside from that, Guards Guards, The Last Continent, Small Gods, Moving Pictures and (shock) Soul Music are all on my favourites list.
Nothing wrong with Good Omens. ;) A lot of people have gotten into the Discworld series from reading Good Omens. And a lot of Pratchett fans have read Neil Gaiman because of it.

Welcome to the site! :laugh:

Teppic

Lance-Corporal
Jan 29, 2011
Outskirts of Londinium
My top 3 so far, in really no particular order

Pyramids
Night Watch
Small Gods

Also, Thud!, Feet of Clay, and Going Postal are superb, but probably these three not quite as good as the first books I mentioned, which all seem to have another level of depth to them in the ideas they're exploring.

Looking forward to getting into the Witches and Wizards novels next.

Teppic

Lance-Corporal
Jan 29, 2011
Outskirts of Londinium
Teppic said:
My top 3 so far, in really no particular order

Pyramids
Night Watch
Small Gods

Also, Thud!, Feet of Clay, and Going Postal are superb, but probably these three not quite as good as the first books I mentioned, which all seem to have another level of depth to them in the ideas they're exploring.

Looking forward to getting into the Witches and Wizards novels next.
Will be indulgent and quote myself, but am adding Maskerade to my list. Fantastic novel.

Raz

Lance-Corporal
Sep 9, 2010
Deganwy, North Wales
i enjoyed Pyramids, Small gods, Witches Abroad and loads more, but one that stuck with me slightly more than most was Moving Pictures. It's crazy but the book reminded me of too many dreams I have had. Very spooky! :eek: Also I can't watch films anymore without thinking about it. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter