Clarecraft Figures

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
It will take me a while to get something similar running, I will be building it from my existing collection of photographs of most of Clarecrafts Discworld output and transfering the data onto that along with links to items I don't have but now have photos of on the disc of the old site. Is there anything you particularly want to know because I may be able to help even without the site being live yet?

Jul 8, 2013
Good afternoon all,

Just wanted to let you know that I currently have four Clarecraft shields up on ebay (Ankh Morpork, Beggars Guild, Assassins Guild and Thieves Guild)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190867362709? ... 1555.l2649

Don't want to sell them at all - but since I have to I'd rather they go to someone who will keep and appreciate them rather than someone just looking to make a profit.

Apologies if this kind of post is not allowed!

Jul 8, 2013
Yeah, ok, that doesn't look good.

I live in a one bedroom flat, so there wasn't much more to sell (most of my possessions are books and I can't sell those!). And what there was went to a car boot last weekend, I have the sunburn to prove it, or a charity shop.

About that feedback... a crazy man won my last auction, started making wierd demands and threats. Not fun times. Unfortunately it was six separate items so really screwed my percentages, I don't use eBay too often. There's not much I can do to prove myself, but if you've got any queries about the items or would like to see more photos let me know.

Jul 8, 2013
*Sigh*... I set the price at the beginning of the auction, which I didn't change, in fact I even lowered the postage for the six items. After winning the buyer refused to pay, then insisted I took a day off work so he could send a courier - which wasn't going to happen. He was sending me ten to fifteen messages a day, full of barely coherent ramblings about what shape his coffin was going to be and what medications he was on, and complaining that I wasn't replying to them all! In the end I stopped communicating with him and then he started with the threats. I had to report him to ebay and the police. The madness of the whole episode is why I haven't sold anything on ebay since. I probably should have set up a new account, but it didn't occur to me...

Apr 29, 2009
London

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
The way I was going to do it has been scuppered by the way Flickr has been changed which means the searchable photo album style isn't going to work anymore. Plans are afoot to launch a new website once I stop arguing with HMRC about paying VAT on things that they won't allow me to charge VAT on. Yeesh it's non-vatable so why do I have to then pay 20% VAT on all of it going back 2.5 years but was not allowed to charge people the VAT in the first place :eek:

rant over

petegolva

Jan 10, 2014
Hi The only and best guide to the terry pratchett discworld/clarecraft colection is a loose leaf book by TRISH BAKER who used to work for clarecraft it is also a priceguide its called the colectors guide to discworld figureines ...theres allways one on ebay but dont pay more than £15 for one some silly buggers got one on for a hundred at the moment lol...

petegolva

Jan 10, 2014
Im New here so hello everyone:} Iv been colecting sir terrys books and discworld figures for 10 years now and i have one which has me baffled can anyone help?? Its death and granny playing cards all the ones iv seen on ebay ant the photo in trishe's book show the cards face down the cards on the piece are white but mine has little hearts spades and diamonds on them...i spoke to joe patterson who remembers the piece (he made it!) but he wasnt sure about the cards he said that the girls in the paintshop used to get up to allsorts of funny business !! can anyone help please this might be a very rare 1 off ..ps its impecably painted and matches all my others so its not a paint your own..

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
petegolva said:
Hi The only and best guide to the terry pratchett discworld/clarecraft colection is a loose leaf book by TRISH BAKER who used to work for clarecraft it is also a priceguide its called the colectors guide to discworld figureines ...theres allways one on ebay but dont pay more than £15 for one some silly buggers got one on for a hundred at the moment lol...
The problem with the guide is that Trish only issued pages for a peice that was discontinued which means that there are lots of gaps. Also it was meant to be updated regularly but I think only 2 updates ever came out before Clarecraft went bust. The database I have is complementary to the book as it includes the missing figures and has quite a lot of photos but doesn't go into the level of detail of the book.

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
petegolva said:
Im New here so hello everyone:} Iv been colecting sir terrys books and discworld figures for 10 years now and i have one which has me baffled can anyone help?? Its death and granny playing cards all the ones iv seen on ebay ant the photo in trishe's book show the cards face down the cards on the piece are white but mine has little hearts spades and diamonds on them...i spoke to joe patterson who remembers the piece (he made it!) but he wasnt sure about the cards he said that the girls in the paintshop used to get up to allsorts of funny business !! can anyone help please this might be a very rare 1 off ..ps its impecably painted and matches all my others so its not a paint your own..
I think mine also has the cards painted, this is a link to a large photo of the peice where you can just see the cards on the table. I'm at work so cannot check the database or my peice closely

http://www.flickr.com/photos/djj_pictures/5422314986/sizes/o/in/set-72157624882715206/

User Menu

Newsletter