Comedy

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

chapelboys

Lance-Constable
Apr 23, 2009
Two and a half men is already a classic.
Family guy is brilliant and really pushes the boundaries
The big bang theory, is plain funny

Jan 2, 2009
I loved the Golden Girls, but the Brit version, Brighton Belles, was pants.

I loved The Good Life, To the Manor Born, and Waiting For God.

Cheers, Vena

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Family Guy is wicked :twisted: and brave too considering how conservative US TV programming is... Fave episode is the one where Peter gets 3 wishes and ends up boneless ;) Although Stewie and Brian just rock - I couldn't say which of their adventures I like best 'cos they're all so good - although the 2-parter where Stewie kills Lois is right up there and where Stewie kicks ass in Bin Laden's hideout :p .

I have never, and never will, watch a full episode of Friends no matter how much I respect the opinion of the person who told me how brilliant it is though I do like some US comedy v. much - Frasier; Malcolm in the Middle; Third Rock and Best of the West (is there anyone who remembers that? It was really clever but was cancelled very quickly or it was over here.

Very best of British Blackadder (all of 'em); Red Dwarf (all of 'em including the new ones); Gimme Gimme Gimme (Kathy Burke is an utter genius); The Comic Strip; Anything with Jo Brand oh and Dad's Army just 'cos it's so 'right' and :oops: Vicar of Dibley although I refused to look at it at first - but I do like Dawn French (I went to school with her cousin. Dawn was in the same 'year' as us but at a posh private school in Plymouth ;) )

Apr 29, 2009
London
Vampire with a Soul. Helper of the Helpless!

Smile Time - best episode!!

Well, that and the one where Angel and Spike fly to Italy to "rescue" Buffy, and get blown up!

<spits> Gypsies. Let us never speak of them again.

:laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Bouncy Castle said:
I don't know if this video will work, but...

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/05/video-fa ... bones.html

... Stewie Griffin on a crossover with, of all shows, Bones!!

Bones spoilers ahoy!
Cheers Bouncy - and hey apparently the episode I mentioned (2 of 2) when Stewie kills Lois was banned! Possibly because Stewie takes over the White House? rather than the bit where him and Lois do a Matrix style shoot out with lots of cartoon gore? :twisted:

But who knows with US censors - anyone across the pond able to enlighten us jaded, decadent Limies? Please? :laugh:

Apr 29, 2009
London
superfurryandy said:
I know that When You Wish Upon A Weinstein was banned for a few years.
Good.

Not because of the content, but for the fact that I detest it when they break into song.

Gotta sneeeeeeeking suspicion that Mr Macfarlane is somewhat "up himself".

Clever guy, but ...................

Apr 29, 2009
London
Business Time left me cold.

Perhaps I've not missed out!!!

I have to admit that my comedy likes are probably not the same as yours!

(But I still love you anyway! ;) )

Apr 27, 2009
Atop a mountain in Cumbria
My friends friend Sue writes Two Pints of Lager and Grown Ups (sadly I find it a bit trite, corny and laddish or that would be really cool claim to fame)

Superfurryandy - We are off to see Ivan Brackenbury's Hospital Radio tonight - Will let you know thumbs up or down. OH is quite hard to please comedy wise (if it's not Billy COnnolly that is )

User Menu

Newsletter