Does Terry post here?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Colin

Constable
Jul 25, 2008
North Warwickshire
barrie said:
mavzb said:
worbleook said:
Remember...
You are as sane as the next man. Thus, sanity is directly linked to your geographical location. Discworld events tend to put you right next to people who are... special.
Don't stand next to Barrie then...
OI.

Whats wrong with being special then????

I still think it was funny the other year at Wadfest, when the alarm went off at Rampton.
Can you imagine the fun when the men in white coats returned with a couple of hundred extra's. :laugh:
I still maintain they would have thrown a few of those 'extras' into the Trent, rather than have them inside ...

PS : Hi Barrie ... good to see 'the special one' around here ... :laugh:

Pita

Lance-Constable
Sep 7, 2008
SapphireForgeCat said:
Apparently he did.. And was in my local Mall about 3 years before i read my first Terry Pratchett book. Cuuuurses!
Heh...
I missed Neil Gaiman's visit of Israel, and a week later I picked up a copy of Smoke and Mirrors to see if I missed something.
I did.
Also, while I am not Terry, or George, or anyone else who has published a book, I would like to state that I Am Legend is a great movie.

Swiftlady

Dec 31, 2008
Wales
www.housemorgain.co.uk
Pratchett as a magical laugh healer

Terry as God - Lord - Maker of Wisdom - agreed.
I love him because he is funny but also underpinned with great intelligence - and kindness.

I possibly hold a rare distinction in having not only met the dear man - he kindly came to give a talk at one of the early Pagan Halloween Festivals in London which I founded and ran - but I unintentionally rendered him speechless!
Very excited to meet him I gushed all over him poor darling but he was already famous back then and took it good humouredly. Until I offered him my highest compliment - I thought.
Terry you're the only thing that could make us laugh while my husband was helping me cope with a gruesome miscarriage last year. Luckily as we hung around for hours in a horrible hospital and went through the agonies of the damned each in our own way - husband had a copy of the latest Pratchett.
When I dozed he took time out to read. He says TP is the ONLY thing that could have made him laugh in those awful circumstances.
TP was completely silenced as we smiled happily at him!
Sorry we embarrassed him but it WAS a tribute to his great skill as a writer.

robrffr

Lance-Constable
Dec 31, 2008
Hertfordshire
www.freewebs.com
Colin said:
His entourage is called Rob ... and a d*mn good bloke he is too! :laugh:
I would just like to state, I am not that Rob!!! Although without being bigheaded, I am a damn good bloke as well!!! :laugh:

You are as sane as the next man.
Thats not quite true, I'm sane because of the 301 voices in my head saying I am, and as they say, theres more of them than there are saying I'm insane!!! :twisted:

Norris

Lance-Constable
Feb 1, 2009
Pontlottyn, South Wales
Chris.ph.....thanks for the welcome, from what you wrote I have deduced that you live in Wales, somewhere down the bottom end of the Neath valley from your accent, I live near Merthyr Tidfil, little place called Pontlottyn. Terry used to be a friend of ours, well actually, we have never fallen out, so I suppose it is fair to say that Terry is a personal friend of ours but we have not seen him for a while. Our daughters went to school with his daughter and he used to come to our house cos we both had an interest in electronics, but this was when he worked for the CEGB. Terry and I bought our first computers in the same week!!!

janis2610

Feb 2, 2010
Pita said:
SapphireForgeCat said:
Apparently he did.. And was in my local Mall about 3 years before i read my first Terry Pratchett book. Cuuuurses!
Heh...
I missed Neil Gaiman's visit of Israel, and a week later I picked up a copy of Smoke and Mirrors to see if I missed something.
I did.
Also, while I am not Terry, or George, or anyone else who has published a book, I would like to state that I Am Legend is a great movie.
I am legend is a rubbish movie! Read the book. It blows the film out of the water, past a neighbouring island and over the edge of the disk.

I don't think Terry posts on the forum - We'd have noticed his style of writing/ability to make you giggle at your screen and have people look at you suspiciously. I like to think that he does have a look at them... in his spare time... which I suspect he does not have a lot of. ;) I mean, we wouldn't want to keep him from his work, would we?
Posting on this forum is, after all, incredibly addictive. :)

Nov 3, 2009
Finland
Quark said:
I don't think Terry posts on the forum - We'd have noticed his style of writing/ability to make you giggle at your screen and have people look at you suspiciously.
Well, actually quite a few posts here have that effect on me. Hmm...? ;)

User Menu

Newsletter