Does Terry post here?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Penfold said:
Thanks Pooh, how's your back now? I used to think British beer was the best cure for any ailment. If it doesn't work, just double the dose! :p
Double the dose????

Yeah well you would HAVE to with english beer hey
Ohhhhhhhh ... is that the time? Gotta run :laugh:

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
deldaisy said:
Penfold said:
Thanks Pooh, how's your back now? I used to think British beer was the best cure for any ailment. If it doesn't work, just double the dose! :p
Double the dose????

I met many an American on my travels who bragged how much stronger and better American beer was over English beer. I was more than happy to test this theory with them and, bearing in mind that the best available in forn climes back then was Watney's Red Barrel, had to carry each and every one of them home before half the evening was spent! :twisted:

Regrettably, I only have experience of XXXX and Fosters as Aussie beers (which, I think, are brewed over here) but am willing to concede that the true Australian beverage might come close in comparison to a traditional English Real Ale drawn from the cask which, contrary to popular misconception, should NOT be served warm. :laugh:

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Penfold said:
deldaisy said:
Penfold said:
Double the dose????

I met many an American on my travels who bragged how much stronger and better American beer was over English beer. I was more than happy to test this theory with them and, bearing in mind that the best available in forn climes back then was Watney's Red Barrel, had to carry each and every one of them home before half the evening was spent! :twisted:

Regrettably, I only have experience of XXXX and Fosters as Aussie beers (which, I think, are brewed over here) but am willing to concede that the true Australian beverage might come close in comparison to a traditional English Real Ale drawn from the cask which, contrary to popular misconception, should NOT be served warm. :laugh:
One of the really exciting things I did when I visited England BC (before children) was to walk into a bar and say "I'll ave alf" :laugh: :laugh: Yeah I know.. I'm easy excited. The glasses were SO big! When I met my sister at the airport when I got back to Australia we stopped at the bar to have a drink. Our glasses felt like I was playing with a teaset (tiny) and I threw the beer back in mouthfuls like I had in England. Almost ended up on the floor. I lived out west at the time. There is nothing like an outback pub on a hot day or an English pub on a cold one huh.

Crivens!

Lance-Constable
Nov 5, 2010
Santa Cruz, California
While I'm only on my first hour as a forumite, I do remember when he was quite active in the old news groups AFP and ABP. Once or twice I'd received an email from him in response to something I was babbling on about.

These days I think he has so many demands on his time we should consider ourselves fortunate were he to pop in for a 'Hullo', 'Are you all enjoying the latest book' and 'I think I shall be able to write a few more.' Why, some of us might pass out from the proximity to greatness (never mind the actual physical distance.)

I have met him at least three times. Wonderful fellow, but I'm sure he already knows he is. ;)

User Menu

Newsletter