DWCon Update

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

kardrago

Apr 6, 2010
convention

have just returned from the con, missing it already!!!
i was the nooby with the 2 kids one in a pushchair!
please pass on my thanks for the great time and will hope to be there ( minus pushchair in 2012!!
kardrago a881

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
Batty said:
pooh - you haven't said if the Gloob was well received! o_O:
Not as well as the Masqurade! :laugh: But it was only in a small room with about 50 people, and only had time for the first three chapters.

At the Gala Dinner I sat next to a real life Lord and his wife! What a nice couple! (Though I'm sure Dotsie will make some rude comments :rolleyes: )

At the auction, there was a Making Money UK proof I wanted. All the other proofs went for about £160, but typically this one went for £290 after I gave up bidding at £280.

But I did manage to get the "I shall wear Midnight" manuscript for the audio book which Sephen Briggs had used and had spilled wine on. :p

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Finally managed to get myself organised enough to get on! My room is somewhere in the vicinity of Walsall I think as it takes me about 5 mins to get back to reception and then about 10mins to get to whatever's happening flash my blue spot (on my membership card) which designates me to be of a suitably bad level of fitness to get in before everyone else. I've given up trying to save places for the others cos I've come close to swatting other people off said saved spaces with my walking stick!

Here's pooh;

Oooh! :eek: Just got my photo taken with the man! He's sitting on the table just behind us. Dotsie's gone home (shandy drinker!). I think I'm going to have a beer now because it's 11:45 :laugh:

Me back. Dotsie will have more to say on the subject of Lords and Ladies but the male person who was sat next to his Lordship did ask her Ladyship whether she married him for his title or his vast estates and massive wallet - she took it in good part (but she's quite a bit younger than his Lordship so we formed our own opinion on that ;) )

Back later on this afternoon/evening after the Rocky Horror Discworld show (one and only performance - which shows how much Dotsie loves Mr. Dotsie and the bunnies! :laugh:)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Quark said:
What kind of scientists? Astronomers? And did they discuss turtles at all? :p
A mathematician and a biologist. Turtles may have got a mention (astronomy did) ;)

pooh said:
At the Gala Dinner I sat next to a real life Lord and his wife! What a nice couple! (Though I'm sure Dotsie will make some rude comments :rolleyes: )
Not about them :p

Back with Mr Dotsie and the bunnies :laugh: Did have some major fun though (due in no small part to all the shandy drinking I'm sure)

User Menu

Newsletter