DWCon Update

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
WARNING! :eek: This post may contain content that may cause some distress... 8) . Tonight we have seen the Holy Grail - the cream of the crop and the meaning of life. We fell in with 'The Mad Collector's' collection - which was A REAL EXPERIENCE... then we went to the pub - a proper pub... pooh has been on the Sarah Hughes and... :eek: well see what he has to say :p

"It was very nice." (Pooh)

It really really was! :p (Sjoerd)

Jan (again) :rolleyes: I admit I'm not entirely sober myself - anyway I have acquired a 24HR BT Openzone voucher and Pooh apparently wants to post some more and see if he can spread the joy... :eek:

PS: We decided to completely forget about the nuptials, skipped the annulment and are currently trying to workout how the hell we're going t to spend the next 2 years working out how to afford come back here in 2012 (after the Olympics... 8) ) :laugh:

poohcarrot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 13, 2009
NOT The land of the risen Son!!
My DWCon Top Ten (I'll explain later ln detail)

1. Meeting TP
2. Meeting Jano, Sjoerd, Dotsie (Shandy drinker), WWD
3. Maskerade
4. The Mad Collector's night out
5. Gala dinner
6. Getting my books signed
7. Snuff
8. English breakfast
9. Rocky Horror Discworld Show
10. Getting "Midnight" Proof and Discworld Pln

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Bouncy Castle said:
C'mon People - PHOTOS!!

Jan - did anyone take the leaflets?
We've had 13 new members over the course of the weekend. While not all of them may have been at the Con, it's quite a lot. I'm expecting lots more. ;)

Jul 25, 2008
Newport
I missed you all, should have realised Pooh would be the one in the Japan football shirt but ii didn't click until he went up to get his prize.

I put on the note on the voodoo board that I was in a UU football shirt on Friday. Wasn't until I realised later on that 2 of my team mates were wearing the same that I should have added the number 7 (I was wearing a wizards hat though...which I lost later on that night)

I did see Jan too, but I was in a conversation so never caught up :rolleyes:

Enjoyed my Klatch with Terry but didn't ask anything as it seemed more important to me that those that don't get to see him in Wincanton get to ask questions. He was the last one on the Friday so when A committee member told him his hour was up, he said he had nothing else to do and carried on for another half hour, yay!
Klatches were drawn by lottery so you only got 1 if you were lucky (about 12 people a time). I put my name into all of them (except Bernard, see him all the time)

Aug 16, 2009
bit.ly
Tonyblack said:
keith_art said:
My DWCon2010 photos have been posted at http://www.tiny9.com/u/DWconPICS
Any chance you could make the photos public for those of us not members of Facebook, Keith? :laugh:
Sorry Tony, I thought they were open to everyone as I'd set the filter to no exclusivity, and therefore open to everyone.
I can post them elswhere [+ link] if that's what you need.

[blah blah blah...I'm on it, dont worry]

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
keith_art said:
Tonyblack said:
keith_art said:
My DWCon2010 photos have been posted at http://www.tiny9.com/u/DWconPICS
Any chance you could make the photos public for those of us not members of Facebook, Keith? :laugh:
Sorry Tony, I thought they were open to everyone as I'd set the filter to no exclusivity, and therefore open to everyone.
I can post them elswhere [+ link] if that's what you need.

[blah blah blah...I'm on it, dont worry]
Keith has given me THIS LINK to his photos on Picasa. :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter