SPOILERS Eric Discussion **Spoilers**

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

OldBaron

Jul 29, 2013
Hey Tony,

thank you for your fast reply :) why handbags?!? anyway...
So, what you're saying is basically I started to collect the wrong edition?!? ... :/ Well, maybe some day they got the righs for it! Then I probably go with The illustrated Eric, as its style seems to be quite the same. It will always bother me though -.-

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
The Illustrated Eric isn't in print any longer - you'd have to get a used copy. :)

There are a lot of folks who started collecting the "black" editions only to find they couldn't get Eric.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Tonyblack said:
The Illustrated Eric isn't in print any longer - you'd have to get a used copy. :)
There are a lot of folks who started collecting the "black" editions only to find they couldn't get Eric.
There's an opportunity for them: to create a wraparound dustjacket in their preferred style to hide their non-black copy of _Eric_. Now, what would be a typical cover image, given the mundane images used on the black covers? A treasure chest? A Meso-American step pyramid? A Trojan horse? An ancient Greek helmet? No, too striking. How about... a dull grey stone disc with a hole in the middle. No, that's too dull even for the black covers. Maybe a parrot...

Seriously, though, it is an opportunity. It doesn't even have to be limited to the black covers. Everyone with access to paper and methods of making an image on it can make dust-jackets for the books in their preferred style.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Tonyblack said:
The odd thing is, you can get the audiobook of Eric with a "black" cover design. So they've evidentially given it some thought. :)

Eric Black Cover?
Well, there you are: print it out and glue it onto a black piece of paper and make a cover.

The funny thing to me is that they had a "click to look inside" thing for an audiobook - so I tried it and it gave the first 7 pages of the paperback, with the Josh Kirby cover.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
=Tamar said:
Tonyblack said:
The odd thing is, you can get the audiobook of Eric with a "black" cover design. So they've evidentially given it some thought. :)

Eric Black Cover?
Well, there you are: print it out and glue it onto a black piece of paper and make a cover.

The funny thing to me is that they had a "click to look inside" thing for an audiobook - so I tried it and it gave the first 7 pages of the paperback, with the Josh Kirby cover.
Or get a printing place to enlarge it for you and make a dust jacket from it.

Aug 21, 2013
Falkirk, Scotland, United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forums here and wondered if I could get your opinion on something.

Back in December of last year I bought Eric for my Kindle when it had newly became available on Kindle. (I already own a paperback copy and was just buying it for my Kindle purely for collection purposes) However unbeknownst to me at the time the Kindle version has a huge error partly due to the fact that the ending is missing entirely. Has anyone else had this problem and did Amazon send you out a replacement copy with all the errors amended?

Thanks. :laugh:

Aug 21, 2013
Thanks Tony :laugh:

I have contacted Amazon and they sent me out a replacement copy to my Kindle but it still had the same errors unfortunately. I suppose its not all bad as I've got a paperback copy of the book. It could just purely be a publishing issue on the Kindle edition as I know Eric wasn't published by Terry's usual publishers, Transworld.

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
Phew. Thought the green pen would come out there. The older Illsutrated edition is quite rare now and great if you find a copy

Aug 21, 2013
Tonyblack said:
Bouncy Castle said:
Try emailing Lynsey Dalladay at Transworld?

Or contact her on Twitter, which I believe she's on?
As UA88 pointed out, Bouncy - Eric isn't published by Transworld. ;)
According to Amazon, Eric was originally published by a publisher called Gollancz. I'm not sure if they published a lot of the early Discworld books or not before Transworld started doing it.

User Menu

Newsletter