SPOILERS Favourite bit of Unseen Academicals (may contain spoilers)

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

CJDobs

Constable
Sep 10, 2009
Favourite line

I loved the possessed whistle and I paraphrase:

"ANY BOY WHOSE NOT BROUGHT HIS KIT WILL PLAY IN HIS PANTS"

Glenda deserves another book too, she was a star.

mroobalooba said:
One of my favourite parts of the book was when we're first introduced to Nutt and meanwhile the wizards are running around shouting and attempting to catch Rincewind...pure genius and utterly bonkers :laugh:
"Aho!! The Megapode!!" Yes, that was fantastic.

Dotsie said:
Without a doubt, my favourite line is when Nutt tries to compliment Glenda:

"You are very kind," he beamed, "and a very handsome lady with your two enormous chests that indicate bountifulness and fecundity--"
Bless! :laugh:
Glenda is wonderful, she grows and grows and learns and Anybody who can MAKE good piecrust is Tits in my book.

One of the good quotes is:

"Glenda sat down and started to read. A lifetime of what even she would call bad romantic novels suddenly bore fruit. It read as though someone had turn on the poetry tap and then absent-mindedly gone on holiday."

The fact that she Knew it had been written by Mr. Nutt was amazing on it's own lol. :laugh:

The next is, "Glenda thought, I used to be able to read you like a book--one with big colourful pages and not many words. And now I can't. What's happening? You're agreeing with me and I ought to feel smug about it, but I don't. I feel bad about it, and I don't know why, and it hurts." *that is sort of about you pooh*

Rincewind is just soooo funny. " 'I would like permission to fetch a note from my mother, sir' Ridcully sighed. 'rincewind, you once informed me, to my everlasting puzzlement, that you never knew your mother because she ran away before you were born. Distinctly remember writing it down in my diary. Would you like another try?' 'Permission to go and find my mother?' " Personally, I love Rincewind.

Other than that, oh about 2/3's of the book and the other 1/3 too.

Oct 15, 2009
mroobalooba said:
One of my favourite parts of the book was when we're first introduced to Nutt and meanwhile the wizards are running around shouting and attempting to catch Rincewind...pure genius and utterly bonkers :laugh:
Yeah, easily the best part of the book for me as well!

AM

Constable
Oct 22, 2009
Sweden
I like the "No relation"-thing everytime Bledlow Nobbs is mentioned. :laugh:

I also liked the part when Glenda, Trev, Juliet found Nutt on the way to Sto Lat and how they and the other people from the bus helped Nutt feel better about him being an Orc

lyn

Lance-Constable
Oct 12, 2009
Melbourne Australia
hi to everyone on this forum.
loved the book. the story. the characters. old and new.
I need to read it again and again..... like I do with all TP's books.
hope we get to see some of these characters in upcoming books.
lyn

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
My favorite was the chandelier (sp.) lighting scene at the football coach party, and Ridcully's and the audience's reaction to it.

In a university devoted to the study of magic, only someone like Nutt would have the ingenuity to use science to create a magical effect. It says more about his character that most of his long-winded speeches.

Jeff in Boston

Oct 31, 2009
Does anyone know whether "bledlow" is a real (but obscure) word or a word that TP has coined? It sounds too English not to be real, somehow. (If there's a joke in it, please tell me.)

User Menu

Newsletter