Favourite character?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
Cassanunder the second greatest lover in ze world and stepladder salesman extraordinaire
because he proves just how far you can go with a positive attitude and a stepladder

Irony

Dec 16, 2012
I love most of the characters, probably Moist von Lipwig best, and the whole Unseen University academicals. But the character I can really relate to is Agnes Nitt. I certainly know what it means to have a really thin girl inside waiting to get out ... and a lot of chocolate. A nice personality and good hair - that's totally me.

octarinefire

Lance-Constable
Feb 25, 2013
I love the witches so they'd have to win my vote as my favourites above all - especially Granny.

But there are so many others ... how can you pick just one?
Death is an amazing creation - you like him even though he is Death. I also love the Death of Rats.
Susan is great too - she wants a normal life but keeps getting drawn back into amazing adventures.
Vetinari is a delight - so rich and complex a character, with motives that shift like sands.
Moist and Adorabelle are a wonderful combination.
Can't forget the Librarian or the Luggage! Who wouldn't want a librarian who can climb to the topmost shelves for you or a homocidal piece of luggage that NO ONE is ever going to steal, that will never get lost as it will find you again and that moves itself!
Cohen really kicks those stereotypes of the elderly with his Silver Horde.
Rincewind and Twoflower were a good combo - the 'wizzard' with his endless foreboding hopelessness and Twoflower's wide-eyed optimism.
Ponder Stibbons - because like me he uses big words that sometimes other people do not understand (though I am not as scientifically minded as good old Ponder).
Carrot for his clear ideas about justice.

Alanz

Sergeant
Oct 18, 2012
Ghost said:
Cassanunder the second greatest lover in ze world and stepladder salesman extraordinaire
because he proves just how far you can go with a positive attitude and a stepladder
I'm just reading about him,and his Stepladder very funny :laugh:

Alanz

Sergeant
Oct 18, 2012
I like Nanny Ogg as well, But hey i like most of the Characters although every time i think of Rincewind i keep thinking of David Jason, who in my opinion wasn't great portraying the character very well, still...... :laugh:

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Alanz said:
I like Nanny Ogg as well, But hey i like most of the Characters although every time i think of Rincewind i keep thinking of David Jason, who in my opinion wasn't great portraying the character very well, still...... :laugh:
Find Paul Kidby's website and look at his pictures of Rincewind. I think they are the most accurate.

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
I think Ralf Little might have been a better choice for the role of Rincewind

but I think Sean Astin wasn't well cast as Twoflower o_O
Masi Oka for me is the most obvious person to play Twoflower

edit
balls I put this in the wrong thread I'll put a link up to this post in the right thread

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Sister Jennifer said:
Bloody WOW! You've met the real Hodges?

Tell. Us. The. Story!
I've met him a few times. He goes to a lot of the events. The first time I went to an event, someone said - "there's Dave Hodges. Be careful, he'll try to sell you a copy of his book. :laugh: I have a particular memory of a Wadfest camping weekend where several people (including Dave) had had a lot to drink. I saw this view of him walking across a field with his trousers around his ankles. :laugh: I did a Maladict the following morning and made him an espresso with my little coffee pot.

He's a real character and has dozens of stories to tell.

Here's a webpage about him. WARNING! CONTAINS PHOTOS (albeit somewhat small ones) :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter