Favourite character?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

nattheweirdo

Lance-Corporal
Aug 30, 2009
Devon, UK
My favourite character, without doubt, is most certainly His Grace, His Excellency, The Duke of Ankh Commander Sir Samuel Vimes. I just love how his charcter had developed, his attitude to everything, his relationship with peers, the patrician and his family. He is one of the best most complex charcacters Terry Pratchett has :) The only thing I have ever not liked about him is in Jingo when he does not punch Jenkins ( the sailor..I think that was his name anyway...) when he insults Sybil. Whos everyone elses favourite character? And why? :) x Nattheweirdo

Oooh, hard to say, hmmmm, besides DEATH (cuz he loves kittens), might have to be Sam Vimes, and of course Esme Weatherwax. Too hard to pick just one.

Duke Vimes, because he does what he knows he has to, and also Loves to Tweak the noses of the pompous out of joint. Oooh, just realized they all three have that same sort of thing in common. Whaddya know.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Welcome to the site nattheweirdo - with a name like that you'll get along well here. :laugh:

I'm not sure about a favourite character, but I do like Vimes and I also like Vetinari. As Vimes has had more of a role in the books, I'd probably go for him. :laugh:

nattheweirdo

Lance-Corporal
Aug 30, 2009
Devon, UK
Thanks for all the welcomes guys :3

I have to say up there with vimes are moist vetinari and Granny...Nanny is hilarious :) my friend and I also think Greebo is great :laugh: i Really want the paul Kidby poster xD

In no particular order, I would say that my favourite characters are Granny Weatherwax, Nanny Ogg, Sam Vimes, Cohen the Barbarian, Mustrum Ridcully, DEATH and of course Rincewind, for his cynicism, his pessimism, his humanism, compassion and his incredible bravery. (Yes, bravery... Think about it for a moment or two.) As a cat person and cat owner, I'd also like to say that Greebo rocks.

User Menu

Newsletter