Favourite Musical

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Beyond

Lance-Constable
Mar 11, 2011
Buffy's episode is great, but i woldn't call it a musical.
My favourite is Evita and allmost everything else that Webber has composed.

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Across The Universe is good.

Directed by Julie Taymor. Starring Evan Rachel Wood, Jim Sturgess, Joe Anderson. The music of the Beatles and the Vietnam War form the backdrop for the romance between an upper-class American girl and a poor Liverpudlian ...

Pretty amazing considering I don't like the Beatles music, it makes the music and the songs appear in a whole different light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43aLbo-Y_W0

(although I admit I hate making "favourites of any kind) and yes I love Les Miserables.

Oh don't start ... the list of my fav musicals is long long long.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
deldaisy said:

Directed by Julie Taymor. Starring Evan Rachel Wood, Jim Sturgess, Joe Anderson. The music of the Beatles and the Vietnam War form the backdrop for the romance between an upper-class American girl and a poor Liverpudlian ...

Pretty amazing considering I don't like the Beatles music, it makes the music and the songs appear in a whole different light.

(although I admit I hate making "favourites of any kind) and yes I love Les Miserables.

I'm not fond of musicals, although I have enjoyed Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which could technically be called one.

Now, although Doctor Who hasn't done a musical episode yet, one of the Big Finish stories, Doctor Who and the Pirates, has Colin Baker singing a very different version of Model of a Modern Major General...

Watch, and laugh your face off.

And I have heard him sing live at a panto in Bath. Believe me, you haven't heard anyone sing until you hear him sing Time Warp from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Beyond

Lance-Constable
Mar 11, 2011
Of all of Webber's work I haven't seen The Phantom yet. I guess it's because it's the most expensive.
But the Evita movie is great, the best thing Madonna has ever done.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
deldaisy said:
Damn you Q... just spent over an hour youtubing Dr Who vids.
Well, I intend to meet Colin Baker for the second time in Brisbane soon. Maybe I could get him to sing Time Warp for you... :)

deldaisy said:

I love Across the Universe too! :laugh:

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Quatermass said:
deldaisy said:
Damn you Q... just spent over an hour youtubing Dr Who vids.
Well, I intend to meet Colin Baker for the second time in Brisbane soon. Maybe I could get him to sing Time Warp for you... :)
My 23yr old daughter is going to that! Its all over her facebook :laugh: :laugh:
She could sing a duet on the Time Warp thing.... she is the lead in the show they do here in Brissy 6 times a year. (Janet).

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I forgot how much I love An American in Paris. I really like George Gershwin's music and this one has all the best tunes in it. Sharlene sent me the DVd and I'm watching it now. It's fab! :laugh:

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Tonyblack said:
I forgot how much I love An American in Paris. I really like George Gershwin's music and this one has all the best tunes in it. Sharlene sent me the DVd and I'm watching it now. It's fab! :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Years before we had a TV we had a radio (big old valve job) and a stereo. The album I played over and over and over and over was "American In Paris" (Well that and the Irish and Scottish ones Mum loved) I knew every note in it, and would dance to it for hours. I could HEAR the frantic traffic in Paris (Dad used to travel and explained the music to me as a child) and I could actually HEAR the Gershwin music when I was standing in Paris :laugh: :laugh:

Imagine my joy when many years later I saw the movie on TV. :laugh: :laugh:

I have the huge retro 60's stereo down in the storeroom :laugh: and the album sitting in the storage cabinet built into it. (Thank the gods noone else in the family thought either was worth wanting when my parents died)

User Menu

Newsletter