Favourite Musical

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Temple_maiden said:
Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables Les Misérables

Oh, and did I mention Les Misérables :laugh:
You like it then? :laugh: I do too ;) First time we saw it we sat in the 2nd or 3rd row (at the Palace in Cambridge Circus - years ago) and Valjean was literally spitting at us as he was singing the Soliloquywhere he's been released on parole and everyone treat's him like shit so he's railing at the Universe and we were literally pinned to our seats it was so intense during the eye for an eye bit! :eek: And then bit after the intermission (or just before it? doesn't matter :) ) where they use a turntable and wotisname the student rebel leader is waving the big flag - we thought he was going to land on our laps (well my friend and I were hoping he was 'cos he was GORGEOUS!) :laugh:

Bloody brilliant musical theatre I dreamed a dream (not by Subo) is one of my all time fave songs regardless of style and sung properly (Subo does to be fair, but you need to act too) it never fails to make me cry buckets :cry: :laugh:

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
Jim_L said:
This thread got me thinking (and no, i haven't searched for this topic here yet!) about whick TP book would lend itself to a musical? Hey, if Xena can do it....;>)
There are already two Pratchett musicals. Only You Can Save Mankind has been professionally staged several times including in London's West End and The Amazing Maurice is soon to be available as a school production version

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pratchetts-...5634/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1298879847&sr=8-2

Logan

Lance-Constable
Feb 27, 2011
Cardiff, UK
Generally I don't like musicals, my sister has subjected me to one's I don't like once too often (she likes every musical ever made). There are a couple I like though:

Rocky Horror Picture Show
Blood Brothers
Jesus Christ Superstar

has anybody mentioned the musical buffy
There is only one word that can describe Once More With Feeling... awesome

Temple_maiden

Lance-Corporal
Dec 31, 2010
DaveC said:
Logan said:
has anybody mentioned the musical buffy
There is only one word that can describe Once More With Feeling... awesome
I concur! 'If my heart could beat it would BREAK MY CHEST!' - I reckon the best DW musical would be Reaper Man. :)
I like the end where they are all singing "Where do we go from here" and Spike suddenly cottons on and looks up at his hand in the air and says "Bugger this!" or words to that effect and swirls out.

But, yes, LOVE the Buffy musical.

User Menu

Newsletter