Favourite?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tiffany

Sergeant
Oct 13, 2008
Devon
Hi Jan, welcome to the forum.
I am reading Thud at the moment, but any Terry Pratchett Discworld novel I happen to be reading is my favourite at the time.
I do love the Tiffany books though. :laugh:

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Hope you enjoy it Tiffany! I just remembered the Inquisitor's name - Vorbis *me poor noggin! :rolleyes: * He'd give the Borgias a good run for their money but lacks their venal passion(s) so not too much sympathico from anyone except Bruvver who's literally an illiterate saint :laugh:

silverstreak

Lance-Corporal
Aug 1, 2008
Llanelli,Wales
Just so many to chose from.Can't be done I'm afraid.

Favourite character,on the other hand.Vimes,Carrot,Nanny Ogg,Ridcully,
Igor [all of them],Rincewind,Angua,Nobby,Lady Ramkin,Vetinari,Moist Von Lipwig..................Come to think of it I can't do favourite characters either!

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
Tonyblack said:
Tiffany said:
PS. I'll read Small Gods next :laugh:
I should add that not everyone likes Small Gods on the first reading. This is one of Terry's books that takes a good deal of thinking about and at least one rereading. ;)
I have already read it once, Tony, I think I've read all TP's books at least once. :laugh:

Ezekiel000

Lance-Constable
Oct 7, 2008
Favourite book/s - probably Reaper Man, Going Postal and Maskerade.

I've read all the TP books two or more times except for the Jonny series, the unadulterated cat and nation which don't interest me.

mattglg

Nov 15, 2008
My favourite always seems to be the last one I read! (does anyone else get the last page blues or is that just me?)

If I had to pick a single book it would have to be night watch, I have always related well to Vimes and this seems to be an fantastic view of what made him the man he is - good and bad.

Of course this is subject to change - Going Postal is also a personal fave (among may others) - I have a signed 1st ed!.

Jinx

Lance-Corporal
Jul 27, 2008
Glasgow, UK
mattglg said:
My favourite always seems to be the last one I read! (does anyone else get the last page blues or is that just me?)
You're not alone in the last page blues. Particularly in Terry's books. I feel it more so since I caught up to the latest books. I think maybe because I know I have to be patient and wait for a new one to come out. Of course there's always going to be one on the shelf that I haven't read in a while to go back to. :laugh:

leaf

Oct 13, 2008
Hi
I'm new to the forum - I've read all of the books except Nation & reread most of them, I don't have a favourite - how to choose?
Most enjoyable - Guards, Guards - because of the password/secret society riff & Nobby.
But also probably because it was the first one I read.

freddy

Lance-Constable
Nov 26, 2008
Gosh This a hard one Like a lot of you on this forum I too can not decied on just one book. My furst choice I have to say I love Colour Of Magic as this is the one that got me started on Discworld books, really love the Character Rinswind, he just can not get the hang of magic, best book with him in has to be Eric, very very funny book and surprisingly thin book was hard to spot it when I was buying it.

Second Choice would have to be Trukers Diggers and Wings books as thses are very funny to read, loved Noomes, they really get you imaganation going and they encuraged me to start reading again.

A BIG WELCOM TO all the New Members of this very fun forum

My thied Choice would Have to be all the Tiffany books, really love the Wee-Free-Men and the Charactor Annagramma because when you are reading the parts with her and Tiffany in you just what to hit Annagrmma for being so big headed. :laugh: Granny wetherwax is excerllant in this book and have to say so are all other Witch that trying to teach young girls.

As a lot of have sad TP book are all brillant and yes they all should be read twice, particuarly the Discworld one as they are so indepth books.

I am currently reading Witersmith and thoroughly enjoying and accoding to one website TP is going to write a forth Tiffany book, I am eagarly waiting for. :laugh: :p

A BIG WELCOME TO all the New Members to this very fun Forum

User Menu

Newsletter