Footnotes*

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
RathDarkblade said:
The question seldom addressed is where Medusa had snakes. Underarm hair is an even more embarrassing problem when it keeps biting the top of the deodorant bottle.
I don't remember the footnote, but I wonder whether Pterry originally tried to get a similar footnote referring to another potentially embarrassing area of hair growth past his editor and got shot down...

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
raisindot said:
RathDarkblade said:
The question seldom addressed is where Medusa had snakes. Underarm hair is an even more embarrassing problem when it keeps biting the top of the deodorant bottle.
I don't remember the footnote, but I wonder whether Pterry originally tried to get a similar footnote referring to another potentially embarrassing area of hair growth past his editor and got shot down...
Possibly, but my opinion is that underarm hair is funnier.

Oh, and the quotation is from Soul Music.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
"A famous Ankh-Morpork gutter sport, second only to dead-rat conkers. Turd races in the gutter appear to have died out, despite an attempt to take them upmarket with the name Poosticks."

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
Okay, finally found one.

*Classically, very few people have considered that cleanliness was next to godliness, apart from in a very sternly abridged dictionary. A rank loincloth and hair in an advanced stated of matted entanglement have generally been the badges of office of prophets whose injunction to disdain earthly things starts with soap.

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter