For the next TV adaptation, what would you like to see?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jun 5, 2010
Personally, I think they should go back to more of the earlier novels instead of jumping ahead to Going Postal...all three movies so far have been Ankh-Morpork stories...let's get the Witches started with "Equal Rites" or another option would be to do one of the stories like "Small Gods" that take place entirely outside AM.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Welcome to the site Redwood Elf! :laugh:

The rumour (not sure how much truth is in it) is that the next one will be Sourcery. So possibly Sir David Jason back as Rincewind.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
Hellooo and welcome from me, Redwood Elf! :laugh:

I agree with mspanners. I saw Guards! Guards! at the theatre and really enjoyed it. With the right casting, special effects, and production values I reckon that it could translate well to the tv.

Jun 5, 2010
Bouncy Castle said:
Witches Abroad.
The main problem I see with doing WA as the first witches story is the same problem I find with doing "Going Postal" so early in the adaptation cycle...since the books are more or less in chronological order, they really should do the stories that introduce the witches first, and "Equal Rites" is really the one that starts the witches' stories, just like "The Color of Magic" introduces Rincewind and tells how he got the Luggage and so on.

fords

Constable
Jun 23, 2010
East Lothian, Scotland
It would be great to see Wyrd Sisters adapted but that's probably low on the list of priorities seeing as there's the animation. However, I just can't decide between them, the Watch or the wizards - argh!

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Welcome to the site, fords. :laugh:

I'm wondering if they are holding off on the Witch and Watch books until they get the perfect Sam Vimes and Granny Weatherwax.

Those two roles are going to be tough ones to fill.

User Menu

Newsletter