For the next TV adaptation, what would you like to see?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Welcome, nickac :)

The director wasn't so much of a problem, Terry Gilliam bought the rights from Pterry and Neil for the princely sum of one groat (still owed, from what I understand) and still owns them. The problem was more about finance. Terry Gilliam likes to make his films independently, but while he could raise most of the cash for the actual filming, he couldn't get Hollywood to agree to stump up for distribution and marketing. For the kind of budget Good Omens would have required ($45-50 million, US, as of five years ago), the financiers naturally wanted to see the film in multiplexes world wide in order to maximise the chances of a return on the investment. You don't do that without Hollywood on board, so the money melted away. It's a shame, because Terry Gilliam is probably the perfect man to film it.

Re: The next TV, Film

Sammytheshammy said:
Hi

I think that it would be a brilliant idea to have witches aboard as the next tv film this book was my first introduction to the disc world and I have been hooked ever since. I think good characters would be:

Dawn French as Nanny Ogg
Emma Chambers (Alice Tinker for vicar of dibley) as magrat Garlic
Maureen Lipman or Maggie Smith as Granny weatherwax.

That would be really cool 8)
I agree on Dawn French (or maybe Anne Reid) and Emma Chambers but I love the idea of Eileen Atkins as Granny Weatherwax

Aug 12, 2010
Bristol
Re: The next TV, Film

Sammytheshammy said:
Hi

I think that it would be a brilliant idea to have witches aboard as the next tv film this book was my first introduction to the disc world and I have been hooked ever since. I think good characters would be:

Dawn French as Nanny Ogg
Emma Chambers (Alice Tinker for vicar of dibley) as magrat Garlic
Maureen Lipman or Maggie Smith as Granny weatherwax.

That would be really cool 8)
I can easily see dawn french and emma chambers as those characters dawn has the humour and a bit of makeup does wonders for wizening features !!!
maggie smith or julie walters for granny w.
I personally think equal rites should come first considering sourcery is in the making !! definitely guards guards has to be created

Hugh laurie would be dream captain vimes
Alan rickman would be great as vetinari :laugh:
struggling for carrot though :(

User Menu

Newsletter