For the next TV adaptation, what would you like to see?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Banzai

Lance-Constable
Jun 20, 2010
Oslo, Norway
insaneframe.blogspot.com
Well, on of the books I would really like to see is "Soul Music".

Shouldnt be to hard to film i think, cause there is not mutch interference of 'well-known charachters' from the book. Most of the main cast is not mentioned in other books, except the wizards with Stibons and you need Susan, Death and CMOT aside the band itself, and it would not take mutch in special effects either.

fords

Constable
Jun 23, 2010
East Lothian, Scotland
What a friendly site! *waves to everyone*

If Sky are on board with the finance, I think the production values of the next adaptation will be up there with Going Postal. Sky recently announced they are keen to adapt many more novels for the small screen with Skellig, Strikeback and the Discworld the highest profile ones; I have no idea if they intend to do another Discworld novel, but I'd be very, very surprised if they didn't.

I do apologise for my rambling, but I think the point I'm trying to make is that as Sky have plenty of cash the next adaptation will look fantastic, whatever it turns out to be :)

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
fords said:
What a friendly site! *waves to everyone*

If Sky are on board with the finance, I think the production values of the next adaptation will be up there with Going Postal. Sky recently announced they are keen to adapt many more novels for the small screen with Skellig, Strikeback and the Discworld the highest profile ones; I have no idea if they intend to do another Discworld novel, but I'd be very, very surprised if they didn't.

I do apologise for my rambling, but I think the point I'm trying to make is that as Sky have plenty of cash the next adaptation will look fantastic, whatever it turns out to be :)
Soucery is going to be the next one, and possibly Making Money after that but not certain about MM :)

fords

Constable
Jun 23, 2010
East Lothian, Scotland
Oooh, Sourcery would be fantastic! Let's hope David Jason doesn't return as Rincewind though, or if he does he doesn't ham it up like in COM. However, I must insist on Making Money having no cast changes :laugh:

Jun 27, 2010
The next TV, Film

Hi

I think that it would be a brilliant idea to have witches aboard as the next tv film this book was my first introduction to the disc world and I have been hooked ever since. I think good characters would be:

Dawn French as Nanny Ogg
Emma Chambers (Alice Tinker for vicar of dibley) as magrat Garlic
Maureen Lipman or Maggie Smith as Granny weatherwax.

That would be really cool 8)

nickac

Jul 3, 2010
Essex, UK
Hi All,

I would love to see any of the City Guards books made into a film, Lords and Ladies would be excellent too. Or maybe they should react to the current vampire craze and go for Carpe Jugulum.

And for Non Discworld I have always thought that Good Omens would make a brilliant film.

User Menu

Newsletter