Hetalia

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Ash

Constable
Dec 28, 2010
County Durham, UK
Come on then all you anime and manga fans on this site, where does your loyalty lie, who is your favourite Hetalia character? Which characters do you not like and which countries do you most want to appear next?

My favourite character is England, I love his sense of humour and belief in magic. I am not a fan of Prussia but time will tell if the character grows on me and we need Scotland and Wales in the interaction between the UK characters would be brilliant.

Yay, another Hetalia fan!
I think my favourite character is currently tied between England, Japan and China (who I cosplay in my Hetalia group) although America is arguably one of the funniest, I like the serious types!
Prussia is one of those characters that I can deal with in small doses but he gets tiring rather quickly!
Do people prefer the sub or the dub? I personally liked hearing the accents in the dub, but I prefer the translation(?) in the sub if that makes sense?

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
What's it about? o_O

I did a bit of searching and it seems to be an allegory of the world during WW2, using characters to represent various countries. But how does that work?

Hetalia was originallt a webcomic, which someone did some short webisodes for. The comic got printed into a proper manga and it was adapted into an anime and film (i haven't seen the film yet though because it isn't released in england yet :( )
basically, every character is a personification of a country, (and somewhat of a stereotype eg america is always eating hamburgers and italy is obsessed with pasta) and the show is a bunch of short skits, some are based on historical events (such as the WWII shorts) others focus more on cultural differences between different countries (such as the America and Japan shorts)
this is the opening skit which shows a fair few countries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGUQfJ7xfME
sorrry if it doesn't work, try typing in hetalia world conference
also, sorry, but it's the dubbed version, i couldn't find the sub just on it's own without the rest of the episode

Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Thanks for the dubbed link :laugh: ,but I heard one episode in English and the accents creeped me out.I usually watch the subbed versions when I watch anime.Something just always sounds weird to me when it's dubbed o_O .What do you think?

Ash

Constable
Dec 28, 2010
County Durham, UK
I agree, I can not wait until I can get the Series 1 DVD, apparently its not going to be long until they release Series 2 as well. Though I doubt we will get the movie this year :(

User Menu

Newsletter