Hetalia

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Pfft- this was posted on another thread

Beyond Birthday said:
Trek fans might find this funny: one BBC America commercial said that TNG has a British captain. Incorrect: Picard is a French captain that's played by a British actor...although in the 24th century I guess France and Britain had some kind of cultural pact since Picard only reads British literature and speaks with a British accent.
Oh the images :laugh: FrUK anyone?

also cannot watch this with a straight face anymore, actually horrible histories as a series has become weirder since hetalia

Damn, I think Hetalia melted my brain and made me perverted. That is why I no longer wear my Eiffel Tower top with J'adore Paris written across the front :oops:

deldaisy

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Okay.. I take it all back... I thought helatia was all the one song thing you had on the other thread.... and I just didn't GET it.

These episodes are totally different..... funny too. So wrong but so funny. If not just for curiosity sake... to see how far they will go :laugh:

Shame the episodes dont list the nationalities. Canada being mistaken for America all the time is hilarious... and so true!!!

Not sure if its my "thang" but thanks for the links. OKAY!!!! Did they DO Australia?????? Huh? :laugh:

Beyond Birthday

Lance-Corporal
Nov 11, 2010
*thought process*

1.) Why is my TNG quote posted here? This is a Hetalia thread. It barely relates to anything.

2.) What is FrUK? I shall look it up.

3.) ...

4.) *looks back at quote*

5.) :eek:

@deldaisy, hang on is this any better?
Australia
New Zealand (whose gender is still up for debate :/ sorry!)

@Beyond Birthday :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: if it ends up like your quote it's obviously geographical as well :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I mean, sorry, sorry! I have a VERY dirty mind when it comes to Hetalia, should've realised it might impact on someone's innocence.

But that brings me to a question very contentious in the Hetalia fanbase, namely USUK or FrUK? :twisted:

Beyond Birthday

Lance-Corporal
Nov 11, 2010
Nono, not offended, just surprised. I didn't even think of the implications.

Actually, it's pretty geeky, right? Taking a quote about a BBC America commercial with a continuity error about TNG and applying it to Hetalia to imply a pairing. It's like the Seven Degrees of Kevin Bacon!

So Picard is a French captain who drinks tea and, on rare occasions, wine. He speaks with a British accent, reads British literature and can sing both French and British songs.

Now, applying this to a FrUK pairing would mean that France is UK's *****.

BUT

Star Trek canon firmly establishes a planet Earth that lives in peace and total equality. A perfect world. Then this would mean that France WAS UK's ***** but that changed in the 24th century, but taking on British mannerisms and interests has since become a habit for France.

So this would mean that France have UK's sense of taste (for the most part) and would dress in less colorful clothing. His clothes would probably look exactly like a version of UK's and he'd shave his beard stubble since all the French men in Star Trek are clean shaven. He would still have the rose, the hair, and the accent but with more effort in keeping it, wavering to a British one occasionally if he isn't careful. He'd still have the same eyebrows though since that'd be a pain to make in the style of UK.

NOW

If we apply America with Star Trek rules he'd look more or less exactly the same and would have a habit of naming things after American rivers. He'd be seen with hamburgers more often because of replicators and would probably experiment and make increasingly grotesque foods. His ego would also be a lot bigger since aliens first landed in America and The Federation was headed by Americans.

We could go on and on if we turned all of the planets in the Trek universe into Hetalia characters, although Bajor would act EXACTLY like Switzerland.

We are a bunch of nerds.

Aww, you say that like it's a bad thing! :laugh: You do realise how many Discworld Maru Kaite Chikyuus I've got in my head!

I've never watched Star Trek though, so you've lost me a bit...the idea of that subdued a France is scary! :eek: How is Bajor like Switzerland? Militantly neutral?

If you want to create Planet-tans though, go ahead! Tons of fans make State-tans already, it's not that far a step!

Ooh, idea! What would Discworld countries likeLancre and Ankh Morpork look like as Hetalia characters? Must draw!

Beyond Birthday

Lance-Corporal
Nov 11, 2010
Hahaha! I can't draw though! XD

and to clarify: Bajor is a planet filled with religious people who, before a Cardassian military occupation, was completely peaceful. They have since become a people hardened by war that, if someone casually visited their planet, would assume they were all about beauty and art...

Just like Switzerland!

So you'd have this character that acts battle hardened etc. as opposed to the cliches associated with a peaceful alien race.

Beyond Birthday

Lance-Corporal
Nov 11, 2010
Well Worf (a Klingon) and Germany are more or less the same in that they both take themselves seriously. Klingons in general act like a combination of Germany and his brother. Klingons celebrate hard-core and drunk.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Beyond Birthday said:
Well Worf (a Klingon) and Germany are more or less the same in that they both take themselves seriously. Klingons in general act like a combination of Germany and his brother. Klingons celebrate hard-core and drunk.
Yes, Worf is hardly a typical Klingon. Klingons are party animals! :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter