How about...

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Dec 15, 2008
Norway
Joan Cusack in the role as Granny Weatherwax? Saw her in war.inc not long ago, and it just sort of hit me that the way she played that part was a bit...well, grannyish...the way I see Granny that is.

Any thoughts folks??

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I like this lady, Ellie Haddington for the part. She was in Foyle's War and I immediately thought she's make a great Granny.

Joan Cusack seems a bit too young for the part to me - although she could be made to look older and she does have the blue eyes. :)

Dec 15, 2008
Norway
Joan Cusack actually looked a lot older than that in War.inc, but don't know if she looks older in herself or was made up to look older.
Havn't seen Ellie Haddington in anything, but she seems to have the right look for the part, yes :)

A lot of "looks" in this reply, couldn't think of any other word to use instead :oops:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
chris.ph said:
whos that bird in the tesco adverts and little voice cant remember her name but i think shed make a good magrat
You mean Jane Horrocks?

Yes she's be good, but how about Emma Chambers from The Vicar of Dibbley?

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I think Tony has it about right for both of those. I suspect David Jason will be playing Nanny Ogg :rolleyes:

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Or this guy...

Aidan Turner from BBC3's Being Human (very good, watched the first episode yesterday).

User Menu

Newsletter