How I Met Your Mother

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Ash

Constable
Dec 28, 2010
County Durham, UK
Having just seen the start of series 6, I have to say the writing is only getting better. Each character is really coming into their own. Who is everyones favourite character? Mines Robin! Though I thought she was the weakest in the first couple of series she has really grown on me in the last two seasons.

Ash

Constable
Dec 28, 2010
County Durham, UK
Yeah friends has been shown so many times on E4 I can no longer watch it. Thursday night is brilliant now that the Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother is on together again. Evil Will Wheaton is genius!

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
I just don't get you UK/Commonwealth folks.

You send us Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Hitchiker's Guide, Red Dwarf, Upstairs Downstairs, The Prisoner, I, Claudius, Prime Suspect, Reginald Perrin, Yes, Minister and all those other amazingly well written shows.

And we send you middlebrow sitcoms like "How I Met Your Mother" and "Two and a Half Men" and you consider THIS to be good TV?

It's embarrassing. It's like when my 80-year father says he thinks "Are You Being Served" is the only British sitcom worth watching. As an Anglophile, I'm appalled.

:laugh:

J-I-B

raisindot said:

You send us Monty Python, Fawlty Towers, Hitchiker's Guide, Red Dwarf, Upstairs Downstairs, The Prisoner, I, Claudius, Prime Suspect, Reginald Perrin, Yes, Minister and all those other amazingly well written shows.

And we send you middlebrow sitcoms like "How I Met Your Mother" and "Two and a Half Men" and you consider THIS to be good TV?

It's embarrassing. It's like when my 80-year father says he thinks "Are You Being Served" is the only British sitcom worth watching. As an Anglophile, I'm appalled.

J-I-B
it's that whole "it's more interesting if it's from far away" thing. That's why if you tell some people that a cartoon is from japan, they're more likely to watch it

raisindot said:

J-I-B
Some of us have tri-level brows. I can quite easily switch between the lowest of low brow comedy (Dumb & Dumber, for example), a Stephen Poliakoff drama, then round things off with a few episodes of something undemanding with a few good one liners thrown in, such as The Big Bang Theory, The IT Crowd or Frasier, all in one evening.

BTW, telling a natural born Brit that Upstairs, Downstairs is 'prestige' drama, is like telling an American the same thing about Dr Quinn: Medicine Woman or Little House on the Prairie. It's nostalgia driven fluff. You've just let the accent and the presence of a few respected actors (everyone has bills to pay) fool you. ;)

Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
mystmoon said:
i don't blame you, some anime is weird, it's like anything, there are good and bad shows

And Full Metal Alchemist is cooler than Batman
My brother saw a couple weird animes and now thinks anime is cheap,stupid or weird :( .He also thinks all anime is about high school girls* in short skirts being overly dramatic.

*Which is true for a lot of them I guess but that's not the point :p

User Menu

Newsletter