SPOILERS Lets Cast - 'Guards! Guards!'

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Sep 9, 2008
XXXX
I would say Nathan Fillion for Carrot.

Just because I know who he is and what he looks like. I think he would do it credit.

I can not think of another youngish actor who would be able to carry it off looks wise.

As to the others
Vetinari Alan Rickman
Ridcully has to be Brian Blessed. That voice would make the Burser loose all his dried frog pills. :rolleyes:

I would have to think of some of the others.

Cheers
Budgie

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Hi Budgie, welcome to the site.

I agree with you about Brian Blessed - I don't know Nathan Fillion, but that's nothing unusual (me not knowing who actors are).

I must say that I really did like Jeremy Irons as Vetinari in the Colour of Magic, but I think Terence Stamp would do a good job as well as Alan Rickman. :laugh:

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
I think Nathan Fillion (the captain from Firefly) might be a bit old for the part. And not enough muscles! He might do for the "long lost King" though.

Maybe the original Carrot (a builder at Terry's house was it?) would do a good job. Carrot doesn't have much of an emotional range, so the ability to act might actually be a hindrance :laugh:

Jinx

Lance-Corporal
Jul 27, 2008
Glasgow, UK
Tonyblack said:
I don't know Nathan Fillion
I can list some things he's been in. The biggest following he'll have will likely be from Firefly/Serenity. He was the wrong Private Ryan in Saving Private Ryan, you might remember that scene. He was in 2 Guys and a Girl, a few episodes of Buffy (toward the end of the series) and I think he was in some recent Desperate Housewifes too.

I'm sure I saw you indicate that you have seen Saving Private Ryan before so you might know the scene I'm talking about.
You might also remember that Vin Diesel was in that film too and his acting weren't bad :eek:

Sep 9, 2008
XXXX
Cast

Okay I will accept that I probably only said Nathan as I recently watched him in Dr Horrible and thought he did a good job not to mention being bulked up a bit. :eek:

As to young actors I don't think I know of any who would fit the bill.

Possibly Joel Edgerton XXXX actor
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0249291/

Damn it is hard to think of someone tall imposing and cute all in the same body. :cry:

And thanks for the welcome. I have loved Terry books since I stumbled across the first one many eons ago. They have a whole shelf in my library dedicated to them. One day I will meet the man :p swoon

But I think I would picket to get Brian in as Ridcully. :twisted:

DB

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I don't think you need anyone with any great acting skills to play Carrot. Some rugby player or professional wrestler could probably do it - so long as they could read a script. Heck, even Vinnie Jones managed to do a bit of acting. :laugh:

chris.ph

Sergeant-at-Arms
Aug 12, 2008
swansea south wales
the person i mentioned earlier as carrot a south walian called rob terry is 6ft 5 280pounds and even tho i wouldnt tell him good looking. he was a natural bodybuilder and won several uk and american events, hes now been picked up by edd mcmann as is currently training to be an american wrestler. im big hes huugee . i dont know how to do a link but just google his name and b awed!!!!

Jarmara

Lance-Corporal
Aug 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
www.brisinga.co.uk
Where's my geek hat?... ah there it is.

Welsh, although a lovely accent that I'm not debasing in anyway, couldn't be Carrot's accent. Copperhead, the mountain that Carrot's family mine under is very definitely in the Lancre region of the Ramtops, suggesting Carrot's accent would be Lancashire/Yorkshire. He'd have to be Llamedean to have a welsh accent.

But other than that, Rob's fine. :laugh:

Pita

Lance-Constable
Sep 7, 2008
I've always felt that Ben/Henry's actor from Lost would be perfect for Vetinari, at least in acting. His looks would have to be changed from "frog" to "scary", but he'd be brilliant.
I've always seen Vimes as Robert DeNiro or Al Pacino, even though they're probably too old.
The cover of Making Money looks a lot like him, just smiling and wearing gold.
Nobby has always been Vernes Troyer to me.
If not playing Vimes, Robert DeNiro could be Colon.
The Eragon dude should be Carrot, even if he isn't great. He has the looks.
I see Ridcully as an older version of me. He's the one character in the series that I'm 100% like. I'm aware that's not a compliment.

Aug 29, 2008
Bridgwater Somerset
Robert DeNiro has show He can play a funny part, in the Film StarDust He had me in Stitches when He got caught Dressed up as a Tranny...........so Ya if He were to put on a Fat Suit he could do the part.

The chap from Eragon would have to bulk up a bit though, I always thought of Carrot as a teen Arnold Schwarzenegger.....but without the German/Austrian accent. 8)

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter