SPOILERS Lets Cast - 'Guards! Guards!'

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Poor Arnie! He made it work for him though.

And yes, looking at John Henshaw, he looks exactly like Fred Colon :laugh:

Dec 31, 2008
"That guy who plays House in House" would be Hugh Laurie, who was also in Blackadder

Instead of Pete Postlethwaite , Who I think ha steh right look for Vimes I coudl also see Alun Armstrong

Ridcully could also be Richard Griffiths

or Graham Crowden

As for Nobby I always saw him as Ewen Bremmer

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Good choices there! I'd definitely agree with Graham Crowden. For years now I've thought he'd be ideal and oddly enough, I can always hear his voice when I read: "BURRRRRSSAAAARRR!" :laugh:

Dec 31, 2008
I coud also see Richard Griffith as the busar or maybe this guy

Jack Shepherd

And for the patrician how about Simon Mc Burney

I can also see Patrick Malahide as either Viimes or teh Patrician

Edit-- also how about this guy as Vimes

With that beard he coudl also pass for the Patrician

Another Edit

I always envisioned Sybli Ramkin as looking rather like Lady Maud Lynchwood (As played by Geraldine James) in Blott on the Landscape

Dec 31, 2008
Ok a few more

I always thought of CMOT Dibbler as some whjere between Delboy and Frank Butcher but then I saw this guy on TV over here

I dont know if you have seen the Shamwow infomercials in the UK but here is a youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns4mnmNBk1Y

I also think the guy who played Bricktop in Snatch, Alan Ford wouldnt be too bad either

Rincewind is tricky, I think Eric Idle wouldnt be too bad or the guy who play Mr Weasley in the Harry Potter Films but other than that I am stuck for who could get the skinny, weasley, Cowardly character down

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Mark Williams aka Mr A. Weasley - spot on! Also Geraldine James for Sybil - she is such a talented actress across the board but she does bring such gusto to her comedy roles - I loved her in Blott as well and Sybil is much the same (only kinder to animals I suppose) ;)

Dec 31, 2008
Jan Van Quirm said:
:oops: He was a brilliant Uruk-Hai in LotR1 - and one of my favourite RP characters is based on him actually as I was so strongly drawn to him :eek:
The Rock? In LoTR1? I think you need to lay off of the Pipeweed a little ;)

If you are thinking about the Big Uruk Hai, Lurtz, who killed Boromir he was played by Lawrence Makoare

The Rock was cool in the Scorpion King though.

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
He looked like the Rock though! :laugh: or as if he should have been 'cos he does look like him. I'm afraid I don't know the Rock's actor name and as Lurtz wasn't really a Tolkien character at all I never actually bothered to look him up on the cast list - maybe they're brothers? :twisted:

User Menu

Newsletter