Living With Alzheimer's BBC2 Documentary

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Feb 12, 2009
Terrys trial

What a brave guy he is! All I can say is my admiraton for him grows on and on. I hope he will still be able to come and do book signings when discworld novels come out. He spent 20 minutes talking to me and signing personal messages for my daughter and myself at the last one he did in Lancaster despite there being a long queue. I wish him well and hope a cure oe become available soon

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
Sentiments wholeheartedly echoed - :laugh:

If you admired the man you saw on the programmes enough to register and applaud his efforts to raise such important issues on this terrible condition and its effects on society as a whole, then please stay and see why we're all here already, if you don't already know Sir Terry's life-celebrating and inspirational work.
The potential loss or diminishment of this remarkable gift of spreading joy and laughter that he gives to his readers worlwide, is the reason why he's been moved to take up this banner on his own behalf, and for all the others who have given so much already in their lives to their families, and friends, and to the world. :)

LadyL

Constable
Jul 25, 2008
Frankfurt/Main
Its so sad, but unfortunately I wasnt in Europe when this was on TV

and I missed it all.

Any help in this matter would be highly appreciated :) you know what I mean, do you? :p

big yan

Lance-Constable
Feb 12, 2009
liverpool
i've been a fan of terrys for a good few now but after seeing him fighting the (other) beast that cant be named. he has become a role model as well.
hope to be involved with his fight!
kev

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
I haven't been able to watch this either. Wish I could somehow! If anyone knows of a site I could view it on, I would be grateful.

I'm heartbroken for anyone who has this disease. I dearly wish Sir Terry did not have it. :cry:

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
I really enjoyed the programmes. I also agree with TP about disliking being called 'brave'.
When I had cancer I was called brave and I still don't understand why?
There is nothing brave about being ill. It isn't a choice I made and there was nothing I could do about it, except accept whatever treatment was thrown at me.

Luckily, I gradually got better, which not everyone does. TP has to hope for a breakthrough or a long remission, which has to be harder to bear.

One question I thought of though when I watched the programme. If the sight is mostly affected, has TP tried to tie his tie with his eyes closed, and rely on memory alone?
By putting the brain on auto-pilot and memory alone may by-pass the sight/brain problem?

Feb 18, 2009
Just finished watching the second part of the documentary, I was really moved by Sir Terry's thoughts and feelings toward his form of the disease. Even though it is daunting for him he was quite on form throughout the documentary.

I couldn't help feeling uncomfortable for him while reading at the convention though, I kept hoping that the camera would move from him while he gathered himself, but he still managed to laugh it off.

My hat goes off to him and all those who suffer from this diease, as well as their families.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
woolliebullie said:
Just finished watching the second part of the documentary, I was really moved by Sir Terry's thoughts and feelings toward his form of the disease. Even though it is daunting for him he was quite on form throughout the documentary.

I couldn't help feeling uncomfortable for him while reading at the convention though, I kept hoping that the camera would move from him while he gathered himself, but he still managed to laugh it off.

My hat goes off to him and all those who suffer from this diease, as well as their families.
Welcome to the site. :)

Jan Van Quirm

Sergeant-at-Arms
Nov 7, 2008
Dunheved, Kernow
www.janhawke.me.uk
I was once knocked to the ground by a gi-normous mastiff who was 'just being friendly' - if you can imagine a waggy hound the size and weight of a portly shetland pony jumping up and putting his paws on the shoulders of a a 5' 2" size 10 16 yr old...

Lucky I like doggies even big ones, but boy did he weigh a ton and as for doggy breath! :eek: No wonder he squished me to the ground :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter