Mark Reads Discworld

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Mark has just run into another Discworld pun, in the 9th section of his reading of Equal Rites. The usual bad language as he reacts. :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I have a question for other members of Mark's site. It seems to me there's a spoiler scrambling device built into the software, so that some members' posts read as gibberish. Is there any way of decoding this? I have joined the site and had an answer to one of my comments, but have no idea what it says. o_O

Tonyblack said:
I have a question for other members of Mark's site. It seems to me there's a spoiler scrambling device built into the software, so that some members' posts read as gibberish. Is there any way of decoding this? I have joined the site and had an answer to one of my comments, but have no idea what it says. o_O
Go to http://www.rot13.com, it comes up as a blank page where you just copy the text in and click the Cypher button underneath, this will un-gibberish it.

Vice versa for you to post your own spoilers.

The alternative for on the go is to find an app to download, which I've also done.

:laugh:

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
He won't start Sourcery until people commission the rest of the book. He only has maybe one fourth of it commissioned.

While it may be a good thing to have a break between books, I'd hate to have the great read-through stopped, especially this early.

Nov 25, 2010
London UK
www.youtube.com
Thanks Dave - I think you get the best effect by waiting 'till his comments/reviews are posted.

I'm surprised sometimes by the obvious things Mark misses until they're spelt out for him - like Death's plan for Mort and Isabelle - which was repeatedly telegraphed from almost the moment Death showed up - and some of the connections he does make which seem a little alien, coming from an American cultural perspective

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
MongoGutman said:
I think you get the best effect by waiting 'till his comments/reviews are posted.
But I can't wait... :)
MongoGutman said:
I'm surprised sometimes by the obvious things Mark misses until they're spelt out for him - like Death's plan for Mort and Isabelle - which was repeatedly telegraphed from almost the moment Death showed up - and some of the connections he does make which seem a little alien, coming from an American cultural perspective
I think what surprised Mark was not that Death had tried to find a husband for Ysabell, but that Ysabell was in favor of it. (But he didn't say exactly what he had expected, so I could be wrong.)

I'm a little puzzled by your last comment. Mark grew up in Colorado. He just hadn't read much, if any, fantasy until the last few years, so he doesn't have the 20-odd year backlog of expectations that long-term fantasy readers are likely to have. What seems alien to you?

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter