Mark Reads Discworld

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
DaveC said:
its been mentioned on his Twitter @Markdoesstuff but I can't remember the remedy.
Mark's Twitter said:
"For those using AVG and getting a blackhat warning: clear your cache. AVG is reading an old version of my sites!"

=Tamar

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
The spam attacks have been so bad that Mark has had to require all commenters to sign up with WordPress.
I understand the problem. I just dislike having to think up yet another password and log-in.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Had never heard of him, but went to see him read at the con. He was so funny and read some bizarre fan fiction. I'll definitely check out some of his videos when I get home.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
A short while ago, Mark's Twitter said:
"For those using AVG and getting a blackhat warning: clear your cache. AVG is reading an old version of my sites!"

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
At the Discworld con, Mark read "Troll Bridge." It was filmed, and the film is said to be being sent to Mark so he can post it. :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
If anyone wants to watch the videos without risking any potential virus threat, you can watch them on his YouTube Channel. These are updated every Sunday. You won't get Mark's write ups of each section, but it's worth checking out. :)

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
I'm a little puzzled. He's reading them on Kindle. Previous books seemed to have the UK text (no changes to US versions) but this one has potato chips instead of crisps and a few other minor differences. Those changes weren't made in the original printed US editions; I'm reading along in the old Signet paperback and it has crisps, etc. I wonder why Kindle made the changes?

=Tamar said:
I'm a little puzzled. He's reading them on Kindle. Previous books seemed to have the UK text (no changes to US versions) but this one has potato chips instead of crisps and a few other minor differences. Those changes weren't made in the original printed US editions; I'm reading along in the old Signet paperback and it has crisps, etc. I wonder why Kindle made the changes?
I noticed that too, hope there aren't too many differences...

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter