North American Discworld Convention 2009

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I guess this is as good a place as anywhere to talk about Discworld events. :)

I have posted this elsewhere but thought it needed a thread of its own. Are you planning on going?

The First North American Discworld Convention (with Terry as guest of honour) is taking place in Phoenix, Arizona on the Labor Day Weekend.

CLICK HERE for more details.

Jul 26, 2008
Planet Jendall
Oh yes... I have to!
I got a tshirt at Worldcon in Denver and my friend Anna who is guest liaision at the Con bought me my membership as a very early birthday present!

The hotel looks wonderful and I have already booked my room because I wanted to be sure to have an adapted room as I hoping my husband Jason will be able to join me there from New Mexico.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I won't be going - I want to spend Christmas with Sharlene in Tucson and a visa waiver will only cover you for 90 days. But I'll be there is spirit and look forward to reports from you all. :laugh:

Jul 26, 2008
What im wondering is will Terry be publishing a short story or some such in the convention souvenier mag/book? Shame i wont be able to go over and see, oh well, i will have to see if someone can get me one nearer the time.

The rat

Lance-Corporal
Apr 18, 2009
Bad Blintz
Who's Wee Dug said:
Well I'm going and I know Exp. Date, the rat is going and he posts here now and again.
Yes I am, and No I don't! I have never and will never post here! What viscious LIES you spread about me! How DARE you! :x

;)

I am SO looking forward to going. In fact I am sitting her at work and work out that I have 20 more work days and 45 more days in total till Sept 3rd! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I keep going over the schedule in my head of the flights and just daydreaming about the whole thing. I can't believe it is just around the corner now! :eek:

The rat

Lance-Corporal
Apr 18, 2009
Bad Blintz
Who's Wee Dug said:
Catch up do you think your fellow countryman ratty is not quite all there candidate for the padded cell hmmm.

:mrgreen:
Sorry, but when you sit here for 12 hours straight all night long your minds begins to 'wander' a bit and the edges of reality seem to go a bit 'thin' if you know what I mean.

But I do envision myself sitting in a corner and just grinning like a mad man at just being there! ;)

User Menu

Newsletter