North American Discworld Convention 2009

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
This years Worldcon was the 67th World Science Fiction Convention was held in Montreal but there is always fantasy and some horror included.

And no! Pterry was not there have not seen him at a worldcon since Boston in 04 ,next year it is in Melbourne.

The rat

Lance-Corporal
Apr 18, 2009
Bad Blintz
Who's Wee Dug said:
This years Worldcon was the 67th World Science Fiction Convention was held in Montreal but there is always fantasy and some horror included.

And no! Pterry was not there have not seen him at a worldcon since Boston in 04 ,next year it is in Melbourne.
Yes, but she didn't ask WHICH Worldcon he was at.

;)

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
I won't have any costumes, and I'll just barely have something suitable for the dinner. I'm bringing one carry on and I was too disorganized to think about costumes or fancy dress. :(

Beth

Lance-Corporal
Aug 18, 2009
Godalming, Surrey
www.bethworlds.com
Catch-up don't worry too much about what you wear. I was also very disorganized before the Birmingham con and was very ill for the three weeks preceding my departure for the UK. I just took a suitcase full of corsets and Gothy stuff which I own anyway and it all worked perfectly. I took an ordinary gown for the formal and put a corset on over it and it worked fine.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
No corsets or gothy stuff in my wardrobe. BUT! I did find a beautiful Indian scarf yesterday at the local fair trade store, in just the right color. So I'll wear that with some sort of matching sandels and a beige linen dress I have for the gala dinner. I think I even have a vintage elephant necklace somewhere.

And, Kris reminded me that they'll have a costume dungeon at the con, so I can always see what I can dig up there for the Seamstress event.

I do have t-shirts to bring - stampy ones even! :laugh:

Beth

Lance-Corporal
Aug 18, 2009
Godalming, Surrey
www.bethworlds.com
The people that did the costume room at the Birmingham con were fantastic at helping people rig up costumes. It was amazing what people came up with. My wardrobe always has a full supply of corsets and black. Just my style I guess.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
I used to have a lot of black. Used to have pretty dresses. Used to go places where I could wear a lot of black and/or pretty dresses. Now my wardrobe is all really basic stuff, and stuff I can get dirty because I have to help out at school/preschool or get horse**** on because I'm taking Thing 1 to riding lessons now. :rolleyes:

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
So I hear. ;)

Just checked the schedule for the con and have discovered how much I'll miss by flying in late Friday and out mid-day Monday. No need for a Seamstress costume. :(

But, I'm just happy I get to go! :laugh:

The rat

Lance-Corporal
Apr 18, 2009
Bad Blintz
Catch-up said:
So I hear. ;)

Just checked the schedule for the con and have discovered how much I'll miss by flying in late Friday and out mid-day Monday. No need for a Seamstress costume. :(

But, I'm just happy I get to go! :laugh:
I planned on getting there Thursday which I was able to do and thought that it would be over by Monday, thinking that Sunday night would be the closing ceremonies. Now come to find out that the closing is Monday, oh, well. As you say Susanne that just being there it the thing!

Just two more nights after tonight and I am VACATION!!! I see my kids and wife tonight (Monday) for almost a week! WOW! The thought of it is so daunting. I have never been away from Kim that long and throw the kids in on top of it and it is now starting to break my heart.

Kim and I have set up Skype accounts so I will say good night to the kids every night (if I don't forget :laugh: ) So I will at least 'see' them everyday.

Can't wait going to be so much fun!

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Adamantia Fidget said:
Hello. Diana here. New to the forum, and just discovering my way around. Thanks, Catch-up, for pointing me in this direction.

Looking forward to meeting those of you who are making it to Tempe! :laugh:
Hi Diana, welcome to the site :laugh:

I won't be going, but have a good time.

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter