Terry Sings!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I still want to get it. I love that album so much. And I definitely will be getting the DVD. :)

Actually, I may just see if I can download the extra tracks from Amazon when the CD comes out.

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
She wasn't, I'm glad to say. I think it was one of those programs showing how good a digital studio can make even the worst singer sound ok. Her studio version was just about bearable but I still shudder at the 'live' version. Just so you can properly compare, here they are;

With Auto Tune (studio)

Live Version without 'Auto tune'

I wouldn't blame Tony for banning me for posting them but the 'Live' version is truly frightening. :laugh:

michelem

Oct 4, 2014
Has anyone else noticed how many of Terry Pratchett's novels reference Margaret Whiting's song "Faraway Places"? I've long been seeing them in the Discworld novels and have just read Dodger, where it crops up as well. A wonderful track.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Welcome to the site! :)

I know the song you mean, but can't think of any references in the books. I wouldn't be surprised though as Terry gets ideas from all over the place.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Well I digitally downloaded the songs I didn't have on the original CD. I haven't bothered with the Live versions. Definitely a lot cheaper than buying the whole album again. :)

GAN

Constable
Nov 9, 2014
Russia, Moscow
Wow. Unexpectable. :) I mean didn't know that mr. Pratchett worked with musicians. :)
That reminds me about one episode. Once I gave Terry a gift: a compact disc with my compilation of the best - as for me - rock ballads. To do that I waited for years and fought not very glad Pratchett's assistant. :))
Well about CD. GOOD music GOOD musicians. Thanks!

User Menu

Newsletter