Terry Sings!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
michelem said:
Has anyone else noticed how many of Terry Pratchett's novels reference Margaret Whiting's song "Faraway Places"? I've long been seeing them in the Discworld novels and have just read Dodger, where it crops up as well. A wonderful track.
It's referenced in Moving Pictures. Just found it while listening to Mark Reads. :)

michelem

Oct 4, 2014
michelem said:
Has anyone else noticed how many of Terry Pratchett's novels reference Margaret Whiting's song "Faraway Places"? I've long been seeing them in the Discworld novels and have just read Dodger, where it crops up as well. A wonderful track.
Still noting down references, so far:
Raising Steam p224 290(2)
Moving Pictures (page ?)
Eric Kindle e-location 542
The Wee Free Men Kindle e-locations 236 p 17, 2638, page 200

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
"You" appears, clearly, to be
spoken from the Wintersmith's POV and addressed to Tiffany.
I don't think it was a coincidence that it made me shudder. Love it! :)

Where can I get the album, apart from online?

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
It's funny - when this comment was originally posted, I couldn't think of any cases of this song. But the post has sat in the back of my mind and I've now seen the quote (or variations of it) in several of the books. :)

User Menu

Newsletter