Terry Sings!

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Tonyblack said:
Interesting. Maybe he'll be reading passages rather than singing. I've heard Terry sing . . . o_O
Reading a brief introductory passage seems likely.
OTOH, I also have heard Sir Terry sing, albeit over ten years ago. He sang a lot better than I did. Or do.

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I can confirm that Terry speaks some lines rather than sings. ;)

I really, love the album and would recommend it to anyone. It is certainly far better than I thought it might be. And the songs are very catchy and I find myself singing along (good thing I live alone). The songs are very relevant to the Tiffany books, Wintersmith in particular.

=Tamar

Lieutenant
May 20, 2012
Mixa said:
It is the first time that a Terry Pratchet’s book has inspired a music project?
No, there were two earlier ones. First there was the CD titled "From the Discworld" which was a concept album by Dave Greenslade (if I have that right), with music inspired by the ideas in the Discworld, plus one song with the wizards themselves singing "A Wizard's Staff Has A Knob On The End".

Second, there was the music composed for the animated film of "Soul Music" which had complete songs written and performed. Only parts of the songs were included in the film, but the complete songs on the CD were very good pastiches of the style and content of the various periods of rock and roll music history.

Mixa

Sergeant
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia
That’s cool! Thank you, =Tamar! I’m looking forward to hearing that "A Wizard's Staff Has A Knob On The End". :mrgreen:

About the song ("You"), I think it perfectly gives some atmosphere to the book. And Tonyblack, you were right! It is really catchy! ;D

Mx

Park

Apr 3, 2014

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
I found this illustration for Wintersmith that was in the Prog Rock Magazine.

Presumably that is the Summer Lady dancing with the Wintersmith - not Tiffany. :)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
There's a new double CD version of the Steeleye Span "Wintersmith" coming out soon.

Steeleye Span said:
We will re-releasing Wintersmith as a Deluxe 2 CD package complete with 4 brand new songs, 8 live tracks and 2 demos! Out 27th October
We will also be releasing a Wintersmith Tour DVD - out 10th November
:laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter