The "I shall wear midnight" thread

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

Argro

Aug 29, 2010
Argro said:
Got my limited edition copy today, way to go Amazon :)
On closer inspection, really not happy with the quality. There is glue all over the place along the edges of the pages.

Draywoman

Lance-Constable
Jan 23, 2010
Forest of Dean
Oh Argro, say it ain't so! I'm panicking now about what I'll find when I open it up. :(

Ah, well, if it's not up to scratch physically I'll still get to read it soon. No coincidence I've booked some leave for Sept. A new book to read and Going Postal on DVD, heaven :twisted:

Penfold

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 29, 2009
Worthing
www.lenbrookphotography.com
Hey, good to see you again Draywoman. :laugh: And welcome to the site Argro! :laugh:

I just went out and bought my copy from Waterstones and got chatting to the assistant on the check out when she commented that they were selling out fast. The only other book to get anywhere near equalling the amount and speed of sales today is Tony Blair's memoires! :eek: From the tone of the conversation, however, I think Sir Terry is just ahead to pip it for the top spot, despite the media's mass advertising of Tony's book. :rolleyes: Not too bad really, considering that there doesn't seem to have been much advertising from Sir Terry's publishers (or have I just missed it).

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Tesco still didn't have the book on their shelves by 11am on my second visit, so I went over to Sainsbury's & got it there. I was holding out for Tesco's as they've got a BOGOF on children's books, & I was hoping to get the Artemis Fowl one as well. But a Dotsie can only wait so long!

Lt Dan

Lance-Constable
Aug 11, 2010
I went to the Waterstones Picadilly launch event last night and was glad I decided to stay up in London, as the signing didn't start until the stroke of midnight. Sir Terry seemed in good form: he did a question and answer session with Tony Robinson for an hour and then after a brief interval, reappeared in nightshirt and nightcap for the signings. Had the day off work today, so have been busy reading. :laugh:

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
Dotsie said:
Tesco still didn't have the book on their shelves by 11am on my second visit, so I went over to Sainsbury's & got it there. I was holding out for Tesco's as they've got a BOGOF on children's books, & I was hoping to get the Artemis Fowl one as well. But a Dotsie can only wait so long!
Dotsie did you get the free print on the inside of the cover on your one. o_O:

User Menu

Newsletter