The "I shall wear midnight" thread

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Sep 10, 2010
Tokyo
New to these forums, greetings all.

I'm a 38 year old male, and life long TP fan, but ISWM is the only discworld novel which made me cry. There, I've said. Feel much better now.

Thanks TP.

Sep 10, 2010
Tokyo
Cool, someone else in Japan :laugh: I live in Shibuya :laugh:

Thanks for thunderous welcome, you know you shouldn't let the Cunning Man into your heads.

Soooo... are spoilers allowed on this thread?

Sep 10, 2010
Tokyo
It's been years since I was last active on forums... thanks for pointing that obviousness out :laugh:

Yeah, Shibuya is fairly steep, the Ahnk, to your Morpork :laugh: Although there are parts of Shibuya that remind me of the Shades. I walk past Hachiko pretty much every day, and yes, it's great place to meet up! Do you ever get over here?

Sep 10, 2010
Tokyo
Yep, Barbarosa, good place to eat. Don't know Shinjuku too well, but there's a Dubliners in Shibuya as well.

Will be out in Chiba in a couple of weeks for an Airsoft game :laugh:

Lt Dan

Lance-Constable
Aug 11, 2010
Just watched the Youtube video of the book launch and spotted (an older and heavier :( ) me in the crowd a couple of times. :laugh:
Out of interest I've been following the ebay auctions of the signed books from that night and it seems like I'm one of the few people not selling mine. ;)

And

Lance-Corporal
Dec 27, 2009
NE England.
I haven't got any signed TP books - but if I did have one, no way would I part with it.... That makes me a little sad, that people put them up for sale unread when TP had taken the time to greet them and sign the books, and no doubt said something like 'Hope you enjoy it.'

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
My signed book is carefully placed on the book shelf with the rest of my signed editions. Sadly people are cashing in on this but for a true fan the cash value doesn't matter.
On the other hand I've picked up quite a number of signed editions in second hand shops ridiculously cheaply. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

User Menu

Newsletter