The new Terry Pratchett movie is Unseen Academicals

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
The Mad Collector said:
Yes, that is how Going Postal worked and I think they preferred people who could do their own costumes but that wasn't essential. Getting to Budapest should be Ok for MC though :)
Finally something! ;) No idea about a costume though :p I don't really want to be in the movie actually, just want to be there. ;) Any chance they need a translator? :p

author3 said:
Do they show the movies on Sky 1? or is it BBC2
cos I've only seen CoM and I think it was on Sky1 but then I saw it again on BBC2
It was on Sky Three on Freeview a couple of years ago as part of a Bank Holiday teaser weekend. I remember because they showed an episode of Bones, which I love but have to buy box sets of bs I don't have Sky. :(

Feb 27, 2010
I actually preferred Jeremy Irons to Charles Dance. He seemed more like Vetinari, and he has a better voice.
Unseen Academicals will be another movie without Death. Shame. Even a cameo would do for me, but we didn't get one in Going Postal, so I'd wager Unseen Academicals will be the same.

lewis

Jul 3, 2011
sam vimes

i think ray winston would be perfect as sam vimes in night watch ,
and maybe james mccavoy as the young sam vimes.
any thoughts?

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Welcome to the site, Lewis. :laugh:

I'm not sure who they'll get to play Vimes if and when they make a Watch movie. I think it's going to be very important that they get a really good actor who will be prepared to appear in lots of these shows as they will not want to keep recasting the role.

It will be very interesting to see who they cast when (and if) they go ahead with the Watch TV series.

A

Anonymous

Rincewind-Type of cheese? said:
I actually preferred Jeremy Irons to Charles Dance. He seemed more like Vetinari, and he has a better voice.
Unseen Academicals will be another movie without Death. Shame. Even a cameo would do for me, but we didn't get one in Going Postal, so I'd wager Unseen Academicals will be the same.
Death will have a cameo. Because it's an important plotpoint that the orc is immortal.

I WANT A NIGHT WATCH MOVIE! It's the best book, IN MY OPINION! I love the way Pratchett plays out Vimes' character as he tries to teach his younger self how to be a good copper. Young Vimes cracks me up with the obvious stupidity. Carcer would be interesting to watch because he's plain mad and as for Nobby Nobbs... well, I'd love to see a young version of him.

A

Anonymous

You can't fill a movie with the events from NW. Sorry, but you just can't. As a novel it works well, but as a tv movie...YMMV of course, but...just no.

User Menu

Newsletter