The new Terry Pratchett movie is Unseen Academicals

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

lyttle182

Jul 31, 2011
Coventry
myspace.com
Where's the best place to look and find about minor speaking roles and extras in UA? my dad has read me Pratchett books since i was little and i have a whole bookshelf of his stuff and i would love to take part, if it was in Budapest again i would get the money somehow! Any help would be great cheers

The Mad Collector

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 1, 2010
Ironbridge UK
www.bearsonthesquare.com
lyttle182 said:
Where's the best place to look and find about minor speaking roles and extras in UA? my dad has read me Pratchett books since i was little and i have a whole bookshelf of his stuff and i would love to take part, if it was in Budapest again i would get the money somehow! Any help would be great cheers
Welcome to the forum lyttle182 :laugh: . There's nothing on their twitter feed yet and that's usually a good place to check :)

lyttle182

Jul 31, 2011
Coventry
myspace.com
Thank you all for the nice welcome! I do have Terry and Rob on twitter is that the one you mean? i will add the PJSM site to my favourites as well, might be spending a fair chunk of my wages on there!

A

Anonymous

tv ankh morpork

Hi I am a new reader of discworld but i love the mob TV films i was wondering why in going postal ankh morpork looks so different than to the color of magic. I think how they showed the city in the color of magic was very accurate or is it a change of season or something

can anyone tell me

A

Anonymous

tv ankh morpork

Hi I am a new reader of discworld but i love the mob TV films i was wondering why in going postal ankh morpork looks so different than to the color of magic. I think how they showed the city in the color of magic was very accurate or is it a change of season or something

can anyone tell me

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Welcome to the site, Mr Hennerzz! :laugh:

It's a combination of a few things. Firstly the location. They had more money to spend on Going Postal, and they filmed it on location in Hungary.

But the Ankh-Morpork in the books is somewhat different in Colour of Magic and Going Postal. There are almost 30 books between the two and, without going into too much detail, much of A-M gets destroyed at one stage.

The A-M of Colour of Magic is almost Medieval, where as the A-M of Going Postal is practically Victorian. I blame the Monks of Time. ;)

With UA to be released to coincide with Euro '12 do you reckon they will get many real footballers old or new to have cameo/supporting roles?

Beckham as Macaona? Gary Lineaker and Paul Gascoigne sitting in the stands? The kind of in jokes that don't work in prose. Recast the faculty with olddies a la Bobby Charlton? Pele?

User Menu

Newsletter