The sad bits...

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

nattheweirdo

Lance-Corporal
Aug 30, 2009
Devon, UK
Beth said:
i cant remember which book its in but granny tells death to take the cow and not the baby
That's actually from Carpe Jugulum.
it also happens in Maskerade which I just read so perhaps it happens more than once? And it definitely happened in Maskerade becuase I am just about to read Carpe Jugulam for the first time :)

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
The two stories are slightly different (as we finally established above ;) ) but I won't say what happened in CJ since you haven't read it yet :)

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Pyramids. ;) And yes you did. :laugh:

I was surprised to discover on another site that a lot of people completely missed the fact that the country was called Djelibeybi (Jelly Baby). :laugh:

Dec 31, 2008
Japan
Tonyblack said:
I was surprised to discover on another site that a lot of people completely missed the fact that the country was called Djelibeybi (Jelly Baby). :laugh:
:rolleyes:

That is why this site is better, because people here make an effort. The discussion of "Maurice" on "another site" was pretty lame. Try comparing the two.

Beth

Lance-Corporal
Aug 18, 2009
Godalming, Surrey
www.bethworlds.com
I laugh every time I read that "jelly baby". That's a lot like me missing...and I'm not kidding you...wait for it......seriously wait....Cassanunda. I JUST got that last week on about the 10th or 11th reading of CJ. You know there's SO much that you can't see the forest for the trees sometimes.

Several of my favourite emotional scenes have been mentioned already, but one that hasn't is the scene in Lords and Ladies, when Granny Weatherwax is allowed to see the life she didn't have when she chose to cross the threshold of the stone circle, rather than let a certain energetic young soon-to-be-wizard "catch" her.

User Menu

Newsletter