The Watch update

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

pip

Sergeant-at-Arms
Sep 3, 2010
KILDARE
From a business perspective I have no idea how any of this makes sense. This work was worth adapting as it was exceptional and came with a passionate fan base.
First thing they do is completely gut the source material to make it unrecognisable , second thing is to alienate the fan base who would make even an average adaption a success, and in final steps they seem to be openly trying to spit on Pratchetts grave.
Idiots

RathDarkblade

City Watch
Mar 24, 2015
Melbourne, Victoria
Oh, no. :( Thanks, Tony ... I wonder how many Discworld fans here will watch this, just to see if it is as bad as we all fear?

I just looked at the instagram post Rachel linked to and -- I just ... I have no words. :(

It's such a shame. Night Watch is my favourite of Terry's "darker" period. When I first heard it was being adapted for TV, I was excited. Now, it feels like they just dumped a big, steaming pile of :poop: all over Terry's legacy. :cry:

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
There will be a Q&A at N.Y.ComicCon after a preview where you can leave a comment. I fully intent to watch it and leave a comment, it should be interesting to see how how much it is going to be slagged off by the Discworld fans.:devil: link below from Disworld monthly.

https://discworldmonthly.co.uk/dwm0280.php

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
The reviews I'm reading are not positive. It seems the man behind all this, things he understands Terry's sense of humour, and clearly doesn't!
ego pure utter ego this has happened so many times in the past one of the latest is what Kenneth Branagh did to Artemis fowl

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
ego pure utter ego this has happened so many times in the past one of the latest is what Kenneth Branagh did to Artemis fowl
Seem to think he is funnier than Terry,I wonder if he is related to Trump seems to have a silar attitude.

Mixa

Corporal
Jan 1, 2014
Barcelona, Catalonia
I'm not even going to watch any of these adaptations. I'm feeling sooo disappointed :mad: I had a great time with the Artemis Fowls books but then I watched the movie trailer and... nope.

Mx

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I think there was a preview on one of the Comic Coms but I missed it as there was to be a Q&A on Zoom and you could leave a comment later.
I've seen the stills, does not inspire me with confidence
There could be a meme about that later, :devil: don't watch The Watch, watch the clock it will probably be better.:mrgreen:

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
And further down the page on DW. Monthly
2.1 The Watch TV series - Panel at New York Comic Con
With the release date of the series being January 2021, the marketing for the series has finally decided to step up a gear.
Unfortunately with Covid-19 causing cancellations of ComicCons everywhere, the usual live Q&A style panels will not be happening and it is a pity because we firmly believe that the team who created The Watch series really need to see the public reaction to the show they have created.
As it happens, New York ComicCon will be virtual this year, with most of the panels being broadcast for free on Youtube which mean no live Q&A. It does mean you should be able to use the comments box to express your opinion on what is shown.
The Watch will have a panel on Friday 8th October at 1.30 ET with the cast, showrunner Simon Allen and executive producer Richard Stokes being interviewed by Yvette Nicole Brown.
We will also get a first look at the series. This will be the first time a teaser trailer will be shown online to the public. The Youtube link for the panel won't go live until closer to the date, and we will make sure we send out the link via our Facebook page and our Twitter feed.
Until then, you can explore what little is available on New York ComicCon Website and their online convention website called Metaverse
The New York ComicCon NYCC Youtube channel is already in place ready for the event which starts on the 8th October 2020.

1600950013092.png

Book of the Month

Good Omens

"Pratchett’s wackiness collaborates with Gaiman’s morbid humour; the result is a humanist delight to be savoured and read again and again."

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter