Top 5 Terry Pratchett novels

Welcome to the Official Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the official Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Apr 22, 2009
Post your top 5 Terry Pratchett novels!

mine are....

1: Nation
2: The Fifth Elephant
3: Moving Pictures
4: Going Postal
5: NightWatch

really all these books are on par where I loved all of them so they're not really in any order.

Ezekiel000

Lance-Constable
Oct 7, 2008
1. Reaper Man
2. The Last Continent
3. Going Postal
4. Men At Arms
5. Good Omens

Closer runner ups: Maskerade, Night Watch The Truth.

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
My opinion does change - depending on what stage the moon is at (or something), but at the moment my favourites are:

1. Wyrd Sisters
2. Monstrous Regiment
3. Night Watch
4. Going Postal
5. Making Money.

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
Mine changes too, but...
Equal Rites (coz it was the first TP I ever read)
All the Tiffany books.
Monsterous Regiment.
The Last Continent.
The Hogfather.

Trish

Corporal
Apr 23, 2009
Wintersville, Ohio
The Truth.
Wyrd Sisters.
Hogfather.
Guards! Guards!
Lords and Ladies.

And Good Omens, of course, although it's not part of Discworld.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Hi to both Dazman & Trish :)

Well I don't think I could possibly pick 5 favourites. But I do prefer the Watch & Witch books. I'm also partial to Small Gods.

You might as well ask me for my favourite Thornton's chocolate :laugh:

Jul 26, 2008
Guards Guards
Nightwatch
Men at Arms
Fifth Elephant
Wee Free Men

Juan José

Lance-Constable
Apr 19, 2009
Costa Rica
I've only just begun enyoing this wonderful novels, so I don't know which are the best ones. I have only read Equal Rites, and I've just started with Lords And Ladies.
Could you tell me which ones should I read next???

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Juan José said:
I've only just begun enyoing this wonderful novels, so I don't know which are the best ones. I have only read Equal Rites, and I've just started with Lords And Ladies.
Hi Juan José and welcome to the site. :laugh:

Actually, I'd have suggested that you read Witches Abroad before Lords and Ladies (although it isn't essential) and L&L sort of continues where Witches Abroad left off.

Equal Rites was Terry's third Discworld book and the first with Granny Weatherwax - she is somewhat different in the later books.

You might want to check out Guards! Guards! as this is the first book in the City Watch series and is a great introduction to the city of Ankh-Morpork as well as the City Watch and the great Sam Vimes. ;)

I kind of envy you that you have so many great books still to read. :laugh:

Mar 5, 2009
lancashire
Juan José said:
In my opinion you should read Guards Guards as it's where you meet the watchfor the first time XX

Juan José

Lance-Constable
Apr 19, 2009
Costa Rica
Hello Tonyblack and Lance - Constable Rose.

:) Ohhh, thanks for the advise...In my country, it's hard to find the TP book you are looking for, and yesterday I was in the movies, watching Monsters vs Aliens in 3D, it was nice...And it was there, in a bookstore: "Feet of Clay"...so I bought it. And I will finish it very soon.
Thanks Tonyblack, I'll try to find that book, "Witches Abroad". :laugh:

Apr 22, 2009
Re: Hello Tonyblack and Lance - Constable Rose.

Juan José said:
:) Ohhh, thanks for the advise...In my country, it's hard to find the TP book you are looking for, and yesterday I was in the movies, watching Monsters vs Aliens in 3D, it was nice...And it was there, in a bookstore: "Feet of Clay"...so I bought it. And I will finish it very soon.
Thanks Tonyblack, I'll try to find that book, "Witches Abroad". :laugh:
The first 2 books I read were Moving Pictures and Mort and it got me hooked on the series, so i would recommend either :)

Apr 22, 2009
Dotsie said:
Hi to both Dazman & Trish :)

Well I don't think I could possibly pick 5 favourites. But I do prefer the Watch & Witch books. I'm also partial to Small Gods.

You might as well ask me for my favourite Thornton's chocolate :laugh:
Just out of interest...what is your favourite Thornton's chocolate?

Apr 22, 2009
Whay :laugh: Unseen Academicals

Just to let everyone know, If you didn't know already, Unseen Academicals is available to pre order :) comes out October :) am excited as it mixes Discworld with football, 2 of my favourite interests!

Apr 29, 2009
London
I've already pre-ordered mine from play.com.

Don't usually "do" hardbacks, but when I read the outline of the story, I just had to have it! :laugh:

Book of the Month

Moving Pictures

"Holy wood is a different sort of place. People act differently here. Everywhere else the most important things are gods or money or cattle. Here, the most important thing is to be important."

Latest posts

User Menu

Newsletter