Top 5 Terry Pratchett novels

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Apr 22, 2009
Post your top 5 Terry Pratchett novels!

mine are....

1: Nation
2: The Fifth Elephant
3: Moving Pictures
4: Going Postal
5: NightWatch

really all these books are on par where I loved all of them so they're not really in any order.

Ezekiel000

Lance-Constable
Oct 7, 2008
1. Reaper Man
2. The Last Continent
3. Going Postal
4. Men At Arms
5. Good Omens

Closer runner ups: Maskerade, Night Watch The Truth.

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
My opinion does change - depending on what stage the moon is at (or something), but at the moment my favourites are:

1. Wyrd Sisters
2. Monstrous Regiment
3. Night Watch
4. Going Postal
5. Making Money.

Oct 13, 2008
Devon
Mine changes too, but...
Equal Rites (coz it was the first TP I ever read)
All the Tiffany books.
Monsterous Regiment.
The Last Continent.
The Hogfather.

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Hi to both Dazman & Trish :)

Well I don't think I could possibly pick 5 favourites. But I do prefer the Watch & Witch books. I'm also partial to Small Gods.

You might as well ask me for my favourite Thornton's chocolate :laugh:

Juan José

Lance-Constable
Apr 19, 2009
Costa Rica
I've only just begun enyoing this wonderful novels, so I don't know which are the best ones. I have only read Equal Rites, and I've just started with Lords And Ladies.
Could you tell me which ones should I read next???

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Juan José said:
I've only just begun enyoing this wonderful novels, so I don't know which are the best ones. I have only read Equal Rites, and I've just started with Lords And Ladies.
Hi Juan José and welcome to the site. :laugh:

Actually, I'd have suggested that you read Witches Abroad before Lords and Ladies (although it isn't essential) and L&L sort of continues where Witches Abroad left off.

Equal Rites was Terry's third Discworld book and the first with Granny Weatherwax - she is somewhat different in the later books.

You might want to check out Guards! Guards! as this is the first book in the City Watch series and is a great introduction to the city of Ankh-Morpork as well as the City Watch and the great Sam Vimes. ;)

I kind of envy you that you have so many great books still to read. :laugh:

Mar 5, 2009
lancashire
Juan José said:
In my opinion you should read Guards Guards as it's where you meet the watchfor the first time XX

Juan José

Lance-Constable
Apr 19, 2009
Costa Rica
Hello Tonyblack and Lance - Constable Rose.

:) Ohhh, thanks for the advise...In my country, it's hard to find the TP book you are looking for, and yesterday I was in the movies, watching Monsters vs Aliens in 3D, it was nice...And it was there, in a bookstore: "Feet of Clay"...so I bought it. And I will finish it very soon.
Thanks Tonyblack, I'll try to find that book, "Witches Abroad". :laugh:

Apr 22, 2009
Re: Hello Tonyblack and Lance - Constable Rose.

Juan José said:
:) Ohhh, thanks for the advise...In my country, it's hard to find the TP book you are looking for, and yesterday I was in the movies, watching Monsters vs Aliens in 3D, it was nice...And it was there, in a bookstore: "Feet of Clay"...so I bought it. And I will finish it very soon.
Thanks Tonyblack, I'll try to find that book, "Witches Abroad". :laugh:
The first 2 books I read were Moving Pictures and Mort and it got me hooked on the series, so i would recommend either :)

Apr 22, 2009
Dotsie said:
Hi to both Dazman & Trish :)

Well I don't think I could possibly pick 5 favourites. But I do prefer the Watch & Witch books. I'm also partial to Small Gods.

You might as well ask me for my favourite Thornton's chocolate :laugh:
Just out of interest...what is your favourite Thornton's chocolate?

Apr 22, 2009
Whay :laugh: Unseen Academicals

Just to let everyone know, If you didn't know already, Unseen Academicals is available to pre order :) comes out October :) am excited as it mixes Discworld with football, 2 of my favourite interests!

User Menu

Newsletter