Unseen Academicals

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.

mroobalooba

Lance-Constable
Oct 2, 2009
Cornwall
twitter.com
i got my copy yesterday at Tesco...they're always pretty good with new hardbacks!
the beginning of the book is hilarious (that is when it gets to the unseen university)
still got quite a bit of the book to go though and can't wait to finish work and get back to read it!

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
You're not alone Lady V! :( I'm going to pester the bookstore some more today. 8) I'm still giggling over the parts I heard at the reading that Rob did at NADWcon. He did such a great job! The best parts were when he'd get laughing before he could actually read the funny bits. :laugh:

Tristan

Lance-Corporal
Aug 16, 2009
I went to the bookshop...

AND THERE IT WAS... SIX COPIES! I hurriedly bought one before someone else did. :laugh: But I'll wait, firstly I have to read Nation - something I've wanted to do for over a year.

So, when does the next one come out? I shall wear midnight? And then? Raising Texas? Scouting for trolls? Maybe another one with Death? Or with the original witches?

:laugh:

Jul 26, 2008
Brought my promotional copy yesterday, now all i have to do is sell my spare car so i can buy the slip cased edition, oh and the next new books due out in the next few days, but the way, anyone want to buy a 58 plate vauxhall tigra convertible? :)

jwsalmon

Apr 23, 2009
Would like the slipcase edition, have reserved a copy in waterstones but for £40 pounds it seems expensive. Especially as I picked up the 1/275 Nation book for £50. Does anyone know why it's so expensive? Is there a low numbering or something? Otherwise i'll probably just order a normal hardback signed from paul kidby's website. Thanks in advance,

Joe

Batty

Sergeant
Feb 17, 2009
East Anglia
I've finished reading UA now, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I did wonder if Juliet was named after the Jules Rimet trophy? For anyone not into football, the first world cup trophy (1930) was named the Jules Rimet trophy after the president of FIFA.

User Menu

Newsletter