What Are You Reading 2

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
Maybe I'll still give it a try. Sounds like one I'd give up on though.

Just finished Talking to the Dead by Harry Bingham. It was really, really good! Murder mystery set in Wales and very intense in some parts. I set it aside to read Whispers, and because it was stressing me out a little. :oops: But, such a good read! I'm going to see what else he's written.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Tonyblack said:
I'm reading a book by an American author named Alan Furst on Sharlene's recommendation. Very good so far. :)
As opposed to Zachariah Last? :laugh:

I am currently trying to read Jacqueline Carey's fantasy work Banewreaker, which is basically The Lord of the Rings is Sauron was a good guy. And The Lies of Locke Lamora.

majomull

Lance-Corporal
Sep 25, 2012
Chicopee, MA. USA
Thanks to the gift cards and re-issues I am working my way through all 8 of the The Dread Empire series by Glen Cook. I've been waiting for about 20 years to get all the books together in one place. Wooot!

Catch-up

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 26, 2008
Michigan, U.S.A.
raisindot said:
Catch-up said:
Janet Evanovich, Notorious Nineteen. :laugh:
Ooooh, I gotta get reserve that one at the library. Much as I like her books, I never buy any of them--they're far too disposable to warrant a permanent place on my bookshelf.
I agree. My mom buys them and I borrow them from her. Otherwise, I'd go the library route as well. I've always wanted to send Janet Evanovich a card that just says, "Thank you for Lula!"

Dotsie

Sergeant-at-Arms
Jul 28, 2008
Catch-up said:
raisindot said:
Catch-up said:
Janet Evanovich, Notorious Nineteen. :laugh:
Ooooh, I gotta get reserve that one at the library. Much as I like her books, I never buy any of them--they're far too disposable to warrant a permanent place on my bookshelf.
I agree. My mom buys them and I borrow them from her. Otherwise, I'd go the library route as well. I've always wanted to send Janet Evanovich a card that just says, "Thank you for Lula!"
"I ain't fat, I'm big boned" :laugh:

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
majomull said:
Thanks to the gift cards and re-issues I am working my way through all 8 of the The Dread Empire series by Glen Cook. I've been waiting for about 20 years to get all the books together in one place. Wooot!
I'm a fan of Glen Cook's Garrett P.I. series reading Angry Lead Skies at the moment I thought I had that one as I have all the rest and he has a new one out this year. :mrgreen:

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Read the first volume of 20th Century Boys by Naoki Urasawa. Not bad, rather like Stephen King's It with much less horror and a bizarre cult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Menu

Newsletter