What Are You Reading 2

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willem

Sergeant
Jan 11, 2010
Weert, The Netherlands
Just finished Life of Pi, which was pretty good alround and had an amazing ending. Very impressed with that one.

Also finally finished 50 Shades of Grey. Really, really, really awful. I don't see why so many people love this book. It's not the subject matter that's bothersome, just that it's sooooo badly written it hurts your eyes and brain.

Alanz

Sergeant
Oct 18, 2012
I'v got a couple of Night Shifts to do and i normally get through a couple of books, hence i've finished Guards Guards and now started Carpe Jugulum :laugh:

Tonyblack

Super Moderator
City Watch
Jul 25, 2008
Cardiff, Wales
Alanz said:
I'v got a couple of Night Shifts to do and i normally get through a couple of books, hence i've finished Guards Guards and now started Carpe Jugulum :laugh:
A tip when you read Carpe Jugulum - you need to read the Feegle parts out loud. They make more sense that way. ;)

Ghost

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 6, 2012
Blackcountry
I have tried so hard to enjoy The taken by Dean knoontz but after two weeks of reading and I'm barely 100 pages in and this the second attempt at this bookI have to bite the bullet and put the book in the charity bag. I haven't read Carpe Jugulum for ages a change of style will definitely help me

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
Recently read the first volume of the Akira manga, and am now 3/4 of the way through a really weird and disturbing, but good, novel called vN: The First Machine Dynasty by Madeline Ashby. vN, BTW, stands for 'von Neumann', which should tell those familiar with the term something about the subject matter... o_O

Nov 21, 2010
I'm reading 'A Prayer for Owen Meany' by John Irving...very strange, particularly as I'm reading about Christmas time in the book at Christmas time :think:

Anyone else read it?

raisindot

Sergeant-at-Arms
Oct 1, 2009
Boston, MA USA
spideyGirl said:
I'm reading 'A Prayer for Owen Meany' by John Irving...very strange, particularly as I'm reading about Christmas time in the book at Christmas time :think:

Anyone else read it?
My 16-year old son read it for school and said it was one of the best books he ever read. My wife is reading it now and loves it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Menu

Newsletter