What are you reading?

Welcome to the Sir Terry Pratchett Forums
Register here for the Sir Terry Pratchett forum and message boards.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Lance-Corporal
Oct 4, 2009
Hampshire, England
A few weeks back I ordered my annual holiday reading supplies (yay for amazon gift vouchers :laugh:) and somehow managed to keep my hands off them until I got here. So far I've read The Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko and the second Thursday Next book. Both were very enjoyable and I especially liked having a different style of fantasy/vampire book in The Night Watch :)

Now I'm reading Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews, which I'm also enjoying a lot :laugh: it's a more typical style but I'm liking the twist of the magic vs tech fluctuations.

Jul 27, 2008
Stirlingshire, Scotland
I have seen the films Phoenix but not read the books even though I have then, getting a bit behind on my reading.

Just listening to the 2nd part of Good Omens when out and about and reading Undead & Unfinished in bed by MaryJanice Davidson. :)

Willem

Sergeant
Jan 11, 2010
Weert, The Netherlands
Recently finished re-reading Neverwhere, which I thought I'd lost. I hadn't read it in about 10 years, my first Neil Gaiman experience (well, after Good Omens).
I didn't remember much of it, just that most of it took part in the London Underground and the Croup and Vandemar guys.

It was quite enjoyable but I do prefer his later works.

Quatermass

Sergeant-at-Arms
Dec 7, 2010
meerkat said:
archerinwood said:
I love chocolate and I would love to be an astronaut, get me up there NOW! :laugh:
They train you in the 'sick' plane (the weightlessness flight). I think you'd enjoy that, you must have a good stomach for a young un!
Actually, I believe that they call it the Vomit Comet. :)

While technically not a book, I recently did an archive binge on the Girl Genius webcomic. Not too bad. Certainly a lot of Pratchett about it. In fact, there's a lot of Lord Vetinari in Baron Klaus Wulfenbach, except that he is far more militaristic.

davieatuin

Lance-Constable
Apr 27, 2011
Dundee
just now im reading Clive Clusser LOST EMPIRE. also i read SPARTAN GOLD i have some of his other books. However, im also reading books for study just now lol so not so much on the reading for enjoyment right now haha :laugh:

dennykay

Lance-Corporal
Apr 21, 2011
Berlin, Germany
Who's Wee Dug said:
Is it still snowing in Berlin yet. :eek:
nah, it's warm and sunny and actually feels more like summer than spring, since the north winds stopped. that's why it's perfect weather to read about snow, it don't like cold very much and don't want to read about it as well, when it is winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Menu

Newsletter